Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My experience with Bipolar 1

Endure777 June 23rd, 2023

️TRIGGER WARNING ️

Hello Everyone,

For those that don't know me, I'm a Forum Supporter for the Bipolar, Schizophrenia and Psychosis Support sub-community, and I help with a few other roles on 7cups. I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 at 14, which became a diagnosis of bipolar 1 at 26 when I was hospitalized for suicidal ideations, drug use, and alcoholism. At that point I was experiencing extreme highs where the energy and emotions went rampant, and devastating lows where I just wanted to die. The pain was excruciating, and I felt so alone because no one understood how I felt. The drinking didn't help. It was hard but after years of being in pain, it was time to seek help. That was when I called my local crisis line (the one I worked for) and asked my supervisor to help. That night I went to the psych hospital where I stayed for 7 days. I have never felt better since then.

I just wanted to share the short version of my story, because awareness is key to getting people the help and support they need. 1/5 people with bipolar 1 kill themselves, 1/4 people with schizophrenia kill themselves. We have to share our stories so that people become aware of the signs before it's too late. Don't be afraid to reach out, you never know how much it might change your life. Thank you all for taking the time to read my story :)

Mya000 June 30th, 2023

@Endure777 Hello,

Thank you for sharing your story and raising awareness about bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, and psychosis. It takes courage to open up and share personal experiences, and your willingness to do so can make a positive impact on others who may be going through similar challenges.

It's important to remind everyone that there is help and support available, and reaching out can truly make a difference. Your story sheds light on the importance of early intervention and the significance of sharing our experiences to create awareness.

Thank you for taking the time to share your story. Your words may inspire someone to seek the help they need and remind them that they are not alone in their journey.