Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

some growing symptoms that i guess i just wanted to talk about

thatweirdfallkid August 9th

i've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, and my first therapist said i was dissasociating but didn't specify which disorder.  (also strangely when i started talking to a psychiatrist to start meds, he didn't actually tell me if/what disorders i have)

i was having auditory hallucinations a few months ago, they were only triggering hallucinations though.  lately they've been becoming more frequent and aren't just my triggers, but also normal things like a phone ringing, an alarm going off, a song playing, someone talking, etc.

my memory also seems to be getting worse, i forget things constantly, even if it's at the forefront of my mind.  for example i was getting into my car the other day and just stopped and had to think for five minutes because i had no idea what i was doing, even though i had just been thinking about it.  and i glanced at my shower curtain today and it just seemed totally unfamiliar, but i know my mom didn't replace it.

maybe these symptoms aren't that strange, but i dunno.  i just wanted to say it because it's been causing me some concern and a little distress i guess.

Mya000 August 20th

@thatweirdfallkid Thank you for sharing what you’re going through. I’m really sorry that you’re dealing with all of this. Your experiences with auditory hallucinations and memory issues can definitely be distressing. It’s important to keep communicating with your mental health professionals about these symptoms so they can help you find the right support and treatment. If you ever need someone to talk to, I’m here for you 🤗

thatweirdfallkid OP August 22nd

@Mya000

thank you sm <3 i recently had a follow up with my psychiatrist, and we decided to start antipsychotics.  i feel like there's a very high probability that i have schizophrenia, and i overheard my dad say something about schizophrenia when my mom told him about my hallucinations.  it feels like no one wants to say it though.

Mya000 August 23rd

@thatweirdfallkid You’re welcome, and thank you for updating me. I’m glad to hear you had a follow-up with your psychiatrist and that you're starting a new treatment. I hope it brings you the relief and support you need. It must be really tough to hear your parents’ reactions and to feel like there’s uncertainty about your diagnosis. When you’re ready, having an open conversation with them might help clear things up and provide some comfort. It’s also important to talk with your mental health professional about any doubts or concerns you have. Remember, I’m here for you if you need to talk. Take care 💖