Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I Have No Idea....

LucianX March 6th, 2022

Hey I'm Jeff.

I'm 59 and I live with my little adopted dog Ruby.

I was diagnosed decades ago as Bipolar 1 with Psychotic Features.

I'm very much a private person and so therapy, especially in this format, is a little difficult. But.... I seem to be needing an outlet.

My psychosis doesn't manifest in violence. But I do suffer from extreme anger. I've never so much as touched another person in anger. I try to keep it inside. But I'm looking for healthy ways to deal with this.

rrretsuko March 6th, 2022

@LucianX

hi, jeff ! it is very nice to meet you :) we are happy to have you in the sub-community

it can be very difficult at times to seek support, especially if you prefer things to be a little more private. however, we are all here to help and hopefully we can do that for you :) it does get easier after time as well, fortunately !

psychosis can be really hard to manage at times-- especially more-so if it is a feature of bipolar disorder. i understand what you mean about the psychosis part-- i have psychosis as well :) and many people here can relate-- you are not alone

it can also be very difficult to find a way to relieve your anger. it sounds like you are doing a great job of managing it through not bringing it out on others, and i'm very proud of you for that ! however, i do know that it's not good to keep it inside and we are so happy you are seeking support through 7 cups. maybe we can help you discover ways to express and relieve your anger through healthy coping mechanisms :)

we are here for you on your journey and you have all of our support <3 thank you for sharing and i hope you have a great week ahead, jeff !

Kay9833 March 13th, 2022

Hi Jeff, my name is Kat and it’s nice to meet you! I understand the anger part, I am also bipolar and I feel angry 24/7. I’m also looking for healthy ways to deal with this. I don’t express my anger, I hold it all inside. Haven’t snapped in almost 4 years. I wish you luck and hopefully we’ll both be able to get some advice!! ♥️

easyPine2877 March 14th, 2022

Hi Jeff. How's it going? So you have a dog? What are your hobbies?

brokeninnc21 April 7th, 2022

Hi Jeff, I'm Betty, I know how you feel about bottling everything inside. I have bipolar 1 with psychosis tendencies. I'd I may make a suggestion or a recommendation that has helped me. I found that going to the gym helps. I find one of those punching bags. Then I start punching on the bag letting out the anger on the punching bag. Not only do you release the anger you also get a good workout. I hope it helps.