Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Help

J9SA December 13th, 2021

Hi i think i have bipolar 2

How do i get out of my depressed mood, it gets so bad that i want to cut or strangle or drown myself and i have started to act on the feeling.

Recently during mania , ive said something offensive and personal to the secretary and she overreacted. She doesnt want anything to do with me, and shes cold towards me. And i ruined our friendship 😔

Im struggling with insomnia and woke up 3 times to early. I already increased my lexamil dosage to 20 mg.

Ive started to see a psychologist. Tuesday is my second session.

Wencanan December 13th, 2021

Over time you learn more and more coping skills and find the right ones that work for you personally. Sometimes depression can simply be a waiting game and giving yourself the kindness that you need to go on caring for yourself.

Distraction- Watch a movie, play a game, read a book, hang out with a friend, go somewhere new, cook, clean/organize, shop, take part in a hobby

Self soothing- Look at family photos, sleep, curl up in a soft blanket, light a candle, listen to soothing music, meditate, take a bath, relax, practice gratitude

Self care- Drink water, eat, brush teeth, shower

Crisis plan- recognize when you need immediate help, call a friend or family member, call a mental health hotline, get scheduled earlier with your psychologist, go to the ER

Processing- Journaling, recognizing emotions, write about what happened, write about what you can do to help yourself, talk it out in therapy, open up to a friend