Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bipolar spouse says everything is also my fault cuz I trigger him!

How do I get my bipolar husband to understand that yes I know I do things that annoy him but that he blames me for everything and never takes any accountability so it’s unfair to always justify his actions by saying it’s because I “trigger” him! 

toughTiger6481 June 26th

@considerateTriangle2640

That imo is deflecting so he does NOT have to face his  own issues.... many things in life can trigger us but the key is to control our own actions. 

BeautifulCurse June 26th

I would request making a deal that you start fresh with this disagreement—you will work harder at not triggering him (say that part first). BUT he has to work harder at his reaction to triggers, regardless of who/how/why they came to be.

akunknown June 27th

@considerateTriangle2640

Please don’t listen to him. He’s one of those many who love blaming others for their own problems and everything else instead of holding themselves responsible for themselves. 

“blames me for everything and never takes any accountability so it’s unfair to always justify his actions by saying it’s because I “trigger” him!“

This explains my toxic family especially my toxic mom and toxic stepdad completely. Whatever they say or do is right but when it’s from me it’s wrong. That’s how they are. So I stay away from them as much as possible bc their negativity doesn’t help them or me or anyone else. 

Can you tell your husband that you’re going out for a walk or something or stay somewhere else temporarily or move to a place that’s separate from where he’s living? Just some way to get away from him? Even if it’s temporary?