Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How to make friends?

reiluvseals09 July 15th

I don't know how to make friends, people don't get close to me because they think I'm weird. It's not like I act weird, they thought I was shy at first but then my friend told everyone I have autism, they don't get close to me anymore. It doesn't help that I can't look at them in the eyes, I walk around looking at the floor and avoiding them, I want to have friends.

I recently met someone that didn't make fun of me, he only talks to me when people aren't around but that's ok! I like having someone to talk to.

Do you have any advice on how to make friends? I'm scared of coming off as weird again.

TheHaz July 18th

@reiluvseals09 how about trying to make friends with other autistic people?

reiluvseals09 OP July 18th

I've tried to but there aren't any autistic ppl at my school or near my house, my parents don't really let me make friends either because they're scared something bad would happen to me.

I'll try to do it though, thanks for your help 👍

RainbowRosie August 17th

@reiluvseals09

Just a thought, but one way might be joining a club or group, maybe something hobby related? That way you could be doing something you enjoy with the possibility of making friends. It might take the pressure off and you’d get to chat when you felt comfortable enough 🌹

reiluvseals09 OP August 17th

Thanks, that's such a good idea :3