Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

kind of social anxiety,i guess?

dustybear February 1st, 2020

Hey,I'm Amelie,I'm french so sorry if my sentence aren't correct.

I don't really know if i'm really suffering from social anxiety.It's like I can say to someone to fuck off but i can't have a small talk and make social accepted jokes. I begin a new therapy,she said to me that I suffer from a truth of rejection and I think it's true.It's like all the time when I go in a Party,or met new cools people I just said to myself "you are not appropriate,you are weird for people don't forget" and i start to avoid people and whitdrawn them. But also,currently I encourage myself during like 1/2 weeks to speak to people and I really trust in myself,feel like I'm weird but in a good way.

I don't understand why I'm like this,why I can't just be chill and cool,and not in the extreme way.It's very exhausted in some ways. I never met people whoes understand this,expect my Therapist aha. I think I only need to be secure with my social skills and It will be okay after,I hope.

feelNeglected77 February 1st, 2020

You can call it social anxiety and medicate me if you want to. But I feel that being kind, getting me involved in something and supporting me while excepting me will give me the confidence and good self-esteem I need to feel secure. The answer is simple, yet hard to obtain dye to the friction created by judgements, where mercy should be.

SecretlyMe February 1st, 2020

I understand this. I also feel exhausted often when I put in all this effort to be around other people. I do consider it a form of social anxiety because it is getting to a point where I will avoid situations in an effort to not feel as drained from the interaction.

My counselor said that social anxiety comes from us being hard on ourselves. When I am talking to a group my mind cycles between "don't be the awkward quiet person who doesn't say anything" and "don't say something stupid". Sounds like you hear that negative voice critiquing you when socialize sometimes too. The first step to overcoming social anxiety to quiet that voice in your head. It sounds both easy and hard but it can be done little by little when we socialize. I am working on rebuilding my own self-esteem and practicing calming exercises so I am not so overwhelmed when I am socializing.

Does this help? I hope that you find a way to not be so hard on yourself. Good luck

@SecretlyMe

I really have very little trouble feeling insecure when being around really caring and understanding people, that love and encourage. But thats rare. I really only have three friends like that.in bigger groups of not so nice people I will do my best, but because i wear my heart on my sleeve, i show responces to crewlness and judgements, so although Im very kind to people, human nature seems to kick in as soon as they see im vulnerable, and i see it clearly, yet do nothing except feel the hurt.

heart

SecretlyMe February 1st, 2020

@feelNeglected77 I'm sorry you feel that way but I'm glad to hear you have a support network among your friends. I hope we all get the chance to improve upon our social anxieties so it isn't as hurtful or scary to meet with new people or participate in large group discussions.

@SecretlyMe

Thank you. I believe imoroving our self esteem is the key to our self imafe and self acceptance is the key to having the confidence needed to stand secure in any social situations. I hope we do keep supporting eachother and learn just how worthy and awesome we really are, so we can walk happily and others will want to seek our friendship more 😊

dustybear OP February 2nd, 2020

@feelNeglected77

Send you a lot of love and Help! (don't know how to say that in English,but I hope you get it!)wink

I'm sure it's will change,do you tell this to your friends?

feelNeglected77 February 2nd, 2020

@dustybear

Thank you! Much love and care I send to you. It's very nice of you to send me a kind message. Helping eachother is a wonderful way to help all of us. Yes, I do tell my friends my good thoughts about what Ive learned and about the struggles we have. If the rest of the world does not understand, they cannot be able to help. Or they might fear what they dont know, and treat people insensitively. Communication is very important. Supporting eachother and showing us we are not alone is good.

Having friends on this website to talk with when you are suffering is a beautiful thing.

Thank you very much!heart

dustybear OP February 2nd, 2020

@SecretlyMe

yeah,I think the same.I try a lot,also I noticed that when I do something and learn I'm meanless (?) with myself,because I feel interessant for people!

I try apnea at the moment (it's super super cool to be calm) (I use essential oil too,on my feet and hand,the Ylan Yland and Petitgrain Belgrade are super relax) and give myself a lot of challenges I win at the moment,stop smoking,praticing guitar,sleep less,learn my lessons. And I feel better,the fact that it's much hard for me now it's because I feel like I'm not too bad now,I like myself but I can't do the most simple things and it's ruin all my social interactions. And,when before people don't expect me to be "normal" because I was in depression,now It's like they want to found what's wrong with me (in my brain stories,I guess).

Thank you so much for your message,Hope it's will be useful for you too! laugh

SecretlyMe February 2nd, 2020

@dustybear Sounds like you've already made a lot of progress on your self-esteem and that's amazing! And that's great that you have been giving yourself so many goals to keep yourself busy. But don't forget that you are accomplishing a lot right now and it might take some time to accomplish the "little things". It might feel like you are letting yourself down right now but I'm sure you will find yourself accomplishing these things in no time while you continue to work on yourself. Just keep focusing on the positives of how far you've already come. :)

Good Luck