Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Social anxiety

powerfulPomegranate7876 March 2nd, 2021

I get anxious about what people think about me.. and tend to get too self conscious around dominating people.. I can easily get bullied .. I was bullied in the past and I want to over come and be more confident and comfortable in myself.

luxx454 March 2nd, 2021

@powerfulPomegranate7876 Being bullied is hurtful and can really hurt our esteems as well make us worry about not letting that happen again. It's always easier said than done but I think there's a balance to caring about other's feelings to be considerate but also to be mindful of our own. We probably will never be able to please everyone and that's okay. It also takes a long time to be able to truly comfortable with ourselves ( I know I am not there yet) but I think just the fact you want to is a good step. At the end of our lives, I hope we spend more time thinking about what makes us happy then worrying about how to make others happy and make them like us

powerfulPomegranate7876 OP March 2nd, 2021

@luxx454 thanks, yes, I'm trying to not allow other people's thoughts affect me.. I tend to change my directions and actions and plans a lot.. and very easily. . just because someone else doesn't or does want it.. It's something that I do naturally.. Really need to get a grip on myself