Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My worst Social Anxiety nightmare came true...

KymPerson May 13th, 2017

My best friend (online friend, but what does that matter in this day and age?) decided I was in some way undesirable and ghosted me. One day we were talking, the next... she was gone. I still said hello into the void a few times, hoping she'd respond, but instead, she unfriended me. I'm not sure whether or not I want to know what I did wrong, but it hurts, and now my anxiety is through the roof.

N33DH3LP May 13th, 2017

@KymPerson I don't know if anything happened arguments etc, but 'online friend' I'm guessing you never met her. Was she a real profile? There are lots of fake accounts these day. Maybe she's one and her account closed. I don't know just a thought with the amount these days! Nevertheless no one should be treated like that and don't let your anxiety get the better of you!!❣️ .

duchessherzen May 13th, 2017

Hi Kym,

I am so so sorry to hear that. Nobody deserves to be treated that way :(
I can imagine something like this only makes your anxiety worse...
But what I was wondering, did anything ever happen between you two? Like a fight or a disagreement or something?

Anyhow, if you want my opinion: I think you deserve way better friends than her. Everybody does actually. She has absolutely no right to hurt your feelings like that.

Hang on and take care :*

KymPerson OP May 14th, 2017

Replying to both here. No, there were no arguments, just a slow, gradual drift. And I seriously doubt she was fake, I've known her for years, seen and heard her on Skype. Thing is, now that she's gone, I've kind of forgotten how to make friends. She was the one who introduced me to her friends.

HolisticLiving May 14th, 2017

@KymPerson

Sorry to hear that :(

When people say or do things to me that feel unjust I tell myself it is them with the problem not I. This helps me move on with things. She may be doing you a favor in the long run - people like that are not a necessity in your life and it may open the door for a better friend in your life :)

TeaLeavesAndCoffeeBeans May 14th, 2017

I am so sorry to hear that this happened to you. From first hand experience, I know it sucks. But maybe there was an outlying factor that caused this to happen that had nothing to do with you.

sunshineKitty58 May 15th, 2017

@KymPerson Im sorry to hear this happened with your best friend, it is not nice to be on the recieving end of the silent treatment especially when that person is so close to you, you end up going over everything wondering what you said or did to cause it. Unfortunately some people are not able to communicate their issues and in an ideal world your friend would have spoken to you about her issues so you could work them out, but I would say that usually when people have these issues they avoid a confrontation because on some level they know their reasons are not strong. Usually it is a personal issue they have with themselves that manifests through you. I hope she can come and talk to you soona nd hopefully you can both put things behind you and get back on track with your friendship. Im available if you need a listening ear :) Sunshinekitty58 x