Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How I'm Feeling

MandyCandy0512 September 3rd, 2015

Feeling really anxious right now. Can't stop thinking about everything that's happened and having a hard time dealing with now. Really can't focus on work and am afraid to go home. I can feel an anxiety attack coming on. I don't think I can handle this.

HisBestFriend1030 September 3rd, 2015

Hey there! I reached out to ya! maybe I can be your listener. We need to set a chat time :). Hang in there. We al have our bad days but it'll get better. I felt similar when it came to the work issue so maybe I can help calm you. :)

Raylen September 3rd, 2015

Mandy I'm sorry that you're feeling that way maybe you should try your coping mechanisms for attacks ? If you don't have any you can use one of mine, they helps me a lot when I'm anxious, here they are :

1st there is the breathing exercise : Close your eyes and start counting your breath, focus on nothing but your breath , it will calm you down. 2nd there is the grounding technique it works on the 5 senses, so when you feel anxious look around you, Name 5 things you can see, 4 things you can touch, 3 things you can hear, 2 things that you can smell and 1 thing you can taste. 3rd method is repeating a mantra it can be very simple like saying " I'm okay" or it can be more complicated like repeating a specific poem or a song. 4th is also another brething exercise , fill the air up your tummy, not your chest, 4 seconds in, hold for 3, and slowly out for 6 do it 20 times minimum.

Also you can try chewing gum as it reduces anxiety, also holding breath it slows heart rate Breathing exercises , distracts you and levels breathing and heart rate and maybe try drinking Herbal Tea it clears Head

I hope this helps !

AdVictoriam September 3rd, 2015

@MandyCandy0512

Here's my go-to guided mindfulness video. It's only 5 minutes long and it's immensely helpful to me.

Here you go!

*hugs* Take care!!

heartsNcupcakes September 3rd, 2015

@MandyCandy0512 Feel free to message me if you need to talk about your anxiety, hun. Ive been there so I know how difficult it is to focus on anything when youre anxious. Also I hope everything is alright at home, dear.

MandyCandy0512 OP September 4th, 2015

Thanks. I really appreciate that.

Izzyrecoversforever September 9th, 2015

Hey please message me if you need anything at all. I have struggled with the same things in the past and I always use meditation as guide through my anxiety. I would try using a meditation app. YOU ARE AMAZING. DON'T FORGET IT.

Chiaroscuro1 September 14th, 2015

I've slowly been withdrawing more and more. Stopped going out of the house, then started just staying in my room. So today i thought - maybe it won't be as bad as i think. Let me give it a try, and i went to the mall with my sister. It wasn't too busy and we didn't have a lot to do. But i feel like i've now just remembered why i don't go outside and won't try it again anytime soon.

MandyCandy0512 OP September 15th, 2015

Posted by @Chiaroscuro1 - it's not easy getting up everyday. I so badly want to go home and hide in a corner. Really don't want to be around people right now. How are you today?

Chiaroscuro1 September 15th, 2015

I hear you. Fortunately i don't have to go anywhere. My therapist asked me to just get dressed everyday. So i got dressed. But i'm in my room. I thought I'd try another step forward and wait for my mom to eat with her instead of alone. But she coudn't eat with me. Other appointment. So i've been in my room all day. Makes me feel better. I've tried to join some of the chatrooms, take part. I thought that should also count as a kind of "going out". What do you do when you don't want to b around people but you have to be? How do you cope with it?