Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Friends

violinsekeewhannah March 30th, 2016

I feel so alone. I'm currently in sixth form and I sit with a group of people who I really don't feel connected with and I don't like them but I don't want to leave them because I know I'll get judged for it and I'll only be more alone and have no friends. I just don't seem to connect with anybody and nobody is on the same wavelength as me. I find people's conversations boring and wearing and I find conversations in general a waste of time and energy, I don't know if I'm not trying hard enough, I haven't found the right person or I'm just plagued with anxiety that holds me back, I just don't seem to fit in with anybody and I don't know what to do anymore I just feel so alone, I prefer my own company but that doesn't mean I don't want friends, I just don't understand what's up with me

violinsekeewhannah OP March 30th, 2016

@Mermaidatheart16 I couldn't of explained those feelings better myself, I just feel like I can't connect with anyone and nobody is on my wavelength and maybe that's partly because I don't know who I am yet but maybe I'm just a confused person

Forever101 March 31st, 2016

I honestly know how that feels. Sometimes, you just have to say "screw what they say". If they judge you or say something they weren't your true friends in the first place. I am so sorry you're going through this. You don't deserve it at all. You deserve better friends. Try joining some clubs or something that you are interested in and meet people who have the same interests :). Don't give up and stay strong @violinsekeewhannah

Daydreamer47 April 16th, 2016

@Forever101 yes I agree,joining clubs or teams can help because you will have a common interest already. Also, know that just because group convos are shallow, it doesn't mean that people can't go deeper. You may want to message people one-on-one online or meet with members of the group individually to build closeness better. You may be surprised that people will open up to you.