Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

sports related anxiety

GreenSpiralNotebook January 6th, 2020

Hello everyone

I've been involved with martial arts for a long time, but i recently had to take a break because life got busy. Now that i have enough time to get back into it, i can't for some reason. I get breathless and sick feeling every time i think about it, even though this is something i really enjoy. I managed to go once, but i couldn't preform to the best of my ability because every time a drill or an excercise got too hard, my stupid thoughts would convince me i'm not good enough, so despite my best efforts i just end up doing badly.

Does anyone have any tips for dealing with or getting rid of feelings like this regarding sports? Thank you for reading.

driftingship January 6th, 2020

@GreenSpiralNotebook

Remember that martial arts are first about mind and soul and only then about the body...untill you are ready in your mind and your heart no point in returning back...

driftingship January 6th, 2020

@GreenSpiralNotebook

"Doing badly"?, martial arts are about modesty and humbleness, not going after goals or performing...it is about you inside, if you want the moves to flow again regardless of what others think...you are not there to show off, you go there to regain smth that you've lost, you do not go there for others or for image but for yourself...you have nothing to prove to anyone even to yourself, just enjoy it if it still gives you pleasure...