Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

panic attack

CarryOn5676 April 4th, 2016

the past few weeks I've had a lot of anxiety (and depression) and I think I just reached my breaking point. one small thing made me burst into tears and before I even realized, I was having a major panic attack. it's been about 15 mins now and while I can feel my face again and I've stopped shaking (for the most part), I can't stop crying. i don't know why I'm writing this. I guess in the back of my mind I just want to know I'm not alone.

SmokeYourProblems April 4th, 2016

@CarryOn5676 You're not alone here. College life recently got to the very soul of me. There were points of time when I couldn't sleep for days because of how stressed and nervous I was.

The trick is to control your breathing and try to regain your confidence. I believe in you! :)

jennifer12012 April 5th, 2016

@CarryOn5676 you're never alone ❤️

Anjali24268 April 4th, 2016

I need advice on what to do. This has been very personal to me, but I've learned that everyone on 7 cups can be trusted. So this happens to me at least 4 - 5 times a week. I um start to shake and then hysterically cry. It mainly happens when I'm about to fall asleep. The longest one had lasted for 40 minutes... This is hard to talk about, and if anyone has any thing that may help me, please tell me. Thank you so much.

I'm 13 btw.

anxiousmomtobe April 4th, 2016

@Anjali24268 I used to have multiple panic attacks a day, they were so bad that I could function doing anything throughout the day. Day by day I got strong once I realized what I was feeling was a panic attack, I would surround my self with my loved ones to make sure I wasn't alone for me this made it worse. I would then allow the feelings of panic be present in my body and try to just let it be there. Each attack I got stronger and stronger knowing that by paying attention to the feelings I was feeding the feelings. I would go on doing what I was doing thinking, these feeling will soon pass..and they do.

@anxiousmomtobe I understand what your saying. I don't have anyone I call tell though. No one. I have anxiety and I'm depressed, but I can't tell anyone. Especially about these attacks...