Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Too anxious

Ladywithabug April 18th, 2016

I stare at the darkness at night thinking a million thoughts which tend to be negative thoughts, I start to hyperventilate until the point where I am light headed, my heart is racing a million beats per second or where I feel like my throat is choking and I cannot get any air in, where my chest burns and it takes me hours to relax.

Im that person who holds in everything until they're home somewhere were they can pour it out and tell their mum, but that changed a long time ago, now I hold in everything until it is night where I can release it, sometimes it just builds up too much and I start worrying about major stuff to minor stuff like what time is it in the night.

I have probably the worst social anxiety ever, it's so hard for me to talk to anyone because I think about what I'm going to say and when it comes out it doesn't make sense, probably not even English, I get really really embarrassed when I do stuff up, I stop talking and when people notice and tease me my confidence goes back five steps backwards then five steps forward, I believe last year tore my confidence apart, two years ago I was gaining confidence but then I lost it all,

I have very low self esteem so it's hard to be me I guess infront of people, when I'm at home I'm fine but in public I am just the worse, if I make a mistake when ordering something and not giving enough or too much change, I repeatedly say sorry like I had done something terrible. It generally just sucks and I want to be happy.

myDorkySelf April 18th, 2016

@Ladywithabug

I hope you feel better :) Just letting you know that I deal with very similar issues and I'm here if you ever want to talk.

You're amazing don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

Ladywithabug OP April 18th, 2016

@myDorkySelf

Thanks I really needed to know I'm not alone when it comes to that kind situations, I am getting lil better with my anxiety at night.

myDorkySelf April 18th, 2016

@Ladywithabug

That's great :) I'm sure it'll all be fine . You deserve happiness

Ladywithabug OP April 18th, 2016

@myDorkySelf

You do too :)

TheLPSoldier April 18th, 2016

@Ladywithabug I can relate to bottling everything up. Before I met my bf, I never told anyone what I was feeling. But he encouraged me to be more open, and to not bottle everything up, and I found it helped a lot.

if you haven't already, start a journal. Write down your emotions and everything that's causing them to be so extreme.

Also, if you're experiencing periods of extreme highs and/or lows, or hallucinating, or having strong impulses for things like self-harm, binge-eating, reckless driving, unsafe sex, etc, look into mental disorders and talk to your doctor about taking a psych evaluation to see if you have a mental disorder such as bipolar or borderline personality. I didn't find out for a long time, but my anxiety and depression was greatly worsened by my borderline personality disorder, which I didn't even know i had until a week ago, It's a good idea to take a peek inside your brain and find out if there may be something chemical causing your anxiety.

I hope this helps;