Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Resigning from my job

Tryinghardnottofallapart680 August 5th, 2019

I

SecretlyMe February 26th, 2020

@Tryinghardnottofallapart680 Change can be scary but I'm proud of you for taking that first step of acknowledging what you need.

How have you been since you originally posted this? Are you still at the same job? Have you already left? How has your anxiety and overall mood been?

I'm here if you would like to chat :)

Tryinghardnottofallapart680 OP July 14th, 2023

@SecretlyMe Thank you so much for your kind words. After that traumatic experience I took a year off just taking care of myself. Then in December of 2020 I got a new job. As of writing this I have been working for about two and half years. It is a challenging job, but the environment is healthier. I have support when I need it. Sometimes it gets rough and I breakdown, but it is nothing compared to that abusive job I had in 2019. I am also here to chat. Hope to hear from you soon.

MikeCheck88 July 21st, 2023

I just wanted to say thank you for following up, even four years after your original post. I’m glad to hear things seemed to have worked out for you as I’m finding myself in a similar place to your original post and it gives me hope. I’m at a job that causes me so much stress, worry, and provides no form of fulfillment and as a result it’s essentially ruining my life. I’ve found myself at a place where there’s no more room for growth and it’s very disheartening as well. I feel my only way to recover is to leave and take some time to reset, then find a new job. That being said friends and family just can’t comprehend the suffering it’s causing me and keep pushing me to just be “reasonable” and try to find another job while keeping the current one and I just feel I can’t as it leaves me so mentally drained. May I ask, what pushed you to make the leap? Did you have support? Anything you would do different? Thank you for sharing.