Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Question- please help

NervousSystem April 2nd, 2020

So I don't know if this is a anxiety thing or a depression thing or something else, but I don't really know how else I can find my answer right now.

For a while now, whenever I heard/read/or even thought about someone self-harming, my wrists would tingle. It feels like energy or bits of electricity is crawling beneath my skin. I was wondering:

1. Why do my wrists tingle?

2. Has anyone experienced anything similar?

3. How do I make it stop?

The only thing that I have found so far that has even kind of worked is putting pressure on my wrists whenever they tingle, but that's not a long term solution, and it doesn't even help all the way. So, yeah. Please please please help.

anon1324 April 2nd, 2020

@NervousSystem

HI.

I'm no expert here but I do have experience with the tingling thing. for me it happens in my palm or near my thumb. That is, anxiety. Self harm makes you anxious. For me, it is stressful things like the future or exams. You need to start working on your anxiety, seek professional help and try to avoid talks and content about self harm. most of all, try your best to not self harm and work on yourself slowly, one step at a time.

NervousSystem OP April 2nd, 2020

@anon1324 thank you for your input! I'll be sure to keep that in mind.