Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to the anxiety support community.

Oofmausernamewastaken July 14th, 2020

I tried to tell my mom that I have social anxiety today and her response was "No you dont". I was luke, "Uh yes I do. That was a statement not a question. This is not up for debate." Still got the got the "no you don't" I was like I tried and now I'm done. I'm kinda mad she didn't even like care what I had to say. Like sure I try to act super insecure around everyone in public but it doesn't mean I don't feel that way. I'm just annoyed. I feel like no one listens. πŸ˜” Oof enough drama. I'm glad I'm a part do this community! Thought I'd contribute even if like no one sees this .

Love, Oof

tornwillow July 14th, 2020

@Oofmausernamewastaken thanks so much for sharing. I can relate and forgive my saying so but mothers suck more often than not although I don't think they mean too. Understanding is very hard for people, especially those close to us and more so again for those who feel or take on the role of protecting and preventing as then feel responsible. (if that makes sense) Your feelings are yours and you are entitle to such, regardless and no one can take that away from you. I'm sorry that you weren't supported or validated but I'm glad you can reach out here. Anxiety is not easy. Be proud of every step you take xx

Oofmausernamewastaken OP July 14th, 2020

@tornwillow

Thank you so much!! πŸ’“

Oofmausernamewastaken OP July 14th, 2020

Dang I say like a lot.

sophiasanae July 15th, 2020

@Oofmausernamewastaken

I know how difficult it can be when a parent doesn't take what you're saying seriously. Mental health issues can be difficult for others to understand, especially because your mom is so close to you and probably thinks she knows everything about you, and therefore thinks she can be the judge of whether you have anxiety or not. No matter what others say, never forget that your feelings are valid! All of us on 7 Cups are here to support you as well, and we've got your back! Welcome to the community, and we are so, so glad to have you! πŸ’•

P.S. your username made me laugh out loud! πŸ˜‚