Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Music as a coping mechanism.

loyalSail7784 February 12th, 2020

Hello, I mostly use music to cope with anxiety.

What songs do you listen to?

justwalking February 12th, 2020

@loyalSail7784 There really isn't a set genre for when I want to cope, I just listen to songs that have memories attached to them. The closest I've come to a specific genre I listen to for coping is listening to eurobeat while driving, its dangerous whenever I do but I don't really care enough and it takes my mind off of things.

loyalSail7784 OP February 12th, 2020

@justwalking Just don't start doing drifts!

My friend enjoys eurobeat and plays it sometimes. I only really know of Initial D's music and the song "gas gas gas."

AoiTsubasa February 12th, 2020

@loyalSail7784

Weightless by Marconi Union is really helpful with anxiety! And classical music too! Also videogame soundtracks

TaranWanderer February 12th, 2020

@AoiTsubasa ooh video game music is a good one, I love the Okami soundtrack, or listening to "rpg gamers radio" online

@AoiTsubasa I love classical music! Sometimes I just get lost in the beautiful melodys and raw emotion convayed through the music. My current favourite peice is "Je te veux" being performed by "Klara Klormendi" in "Toy Symphony."

shadowmothhh February 12th, 2020

I like Rob Thomas (from Matchbox 20) and Cavetown. They

@Jisola

I was lucky enough to go to a cave town concert once! I loved his music but I don't listen to him to often. He seemed like a very lovely person and he even got concerned for the audience! So he asked the venue staff to hand out free water, it was wonderful.