Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

How I Feel Right Now

Snowvixen1532 April 4th, 2020

Right now I feel anxious, I just got over a sickness of some sort that lasts for a whole week and it really messes with my anxiety. This is the 2nd time I have expirienced it within a month. I live with my dad and my brother, my dad is a essential worker and today he had to go to the store to get some basic needs we need for the house but what really spooks me is him catching it and all 3 of us getting it. I can't even feel comfortable being around my dad or brother. Its like I cant trust my own loved ones anymore due to this virus and if my anxiety is bad where it feels like I'm gonna have a heart attack then I dont want to know what it will be like actually catching the virus. I just started feeling better too today and now my anxiety is coming back along with a headache.

Santashappyhelper April 4th, 2020

@Snowvixen1532 that sounds awful :(

barncat April 4th, 2020

@Snowvixen1532- know what you mean- my husband has been working off-island most of the time- and now I am wondering if he should stay away for the next 2 weeks- WA state hot spot

Snowvixen1532 OP April 5th, 2020

@barncat I feel that, I live in Nashua, NH and it's a hotspot as well. It's driving me mad being here and since my dad works in mass and shops at the store for groceries it makes things more scary and fearful. I'm just glad my brother has been quarantining himself majority of the time and when he comes out I remind him to wash his hands before touching food or eating.

barncat April 5th, 2020

@Snowvixen1532- it really helps to hear your story too- i just got off the phone with my husband asking him to stay off island where he is working. He understands and told me how many people at the store are not social distancing etc. I am alone taking care of my herd of three horses- lots of work. But my biggest disappointment is not i cant work with children to teach them about horses. i am doing it for free- just teaching how to tune in to horses behavior- and i luv doing it for others.

agreeableSail1544 April 5th, 2020

Right now I feel pretty terrible as I generally do in the much celebrated 'present moment'. Meditation teachers tell us to observe and not judge. To be honest I've never really been able to observe pain without judging it as pretty awful and responding negatively. Any real practical advice on that would be genuinely appreciated but I must say in advance, my own experience of 'exploring difficulty' has been pretty catastrophic. Sorry. Yes I will say sorry because I am.

agreeableSail1544 April 5th, 2020

I wish this site wouldn't keep over selling the 150 dollar a month therapy. I haven't got 15o ollars which I find pretty depressing in itself (since they keep going on about what good value it is ).

barncat April 5th, 2020

@Snowvixen1532- glad you weathered through the panic attack.