Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Fire Assignment

blueTown7167 August 24th, 2021

My boyfriend works in wildland fire and just found out today that he is leaving tomorrow for 2 and a half weeks. My anxiety is through the roof! We now have to cancel any plans for next weekend and Labor Day. I will be at the house by myself with his dog who is high energy. And of course above all this is my worry for his safety. Any coping skills to keep my anxiety in check would be really helpful!

HopieRemi August 25th, 2021

@blueTown7167

Hey there. I am sorry to hear about what is happening soon. I can understand how you would be stressed knowing where your boyfriend is going. It might help to remind yourself when you get stressed and anxious that your boyfriend knows what he is doing, and maybe try to see if he will be willing to call or text you whenever he has free time to help reassure you that he is okay and that he will be back before you know it. I also recommend focusing on self-care, it can be hot showers, bubble baths, eating a nice meal, etc. Also, you can always connect with a listener or join us in the group chats so you're not alone with your thoughts.

blueTown7167 OP August 25th, 2021

@HopieRemi Thank you! These are great suggestions. I am going to work hard on self care and focusing on myself while he’s gone. I’m sure I’ll be on this site quite a bit for the next few weeks!

HopieRemi August 25th, 2021

@blueTown7167

You are welcome. I am glad I was able to help some, and we will be here for you during those weeks then!