Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feels like I'm way more damaged than others

ellamenopee October 19th, 2022

When I read about others with anxiety or PTSD, I don't understand how they are healing and I'm not, after 24 years of therapy and meds (mediocre mostly). Bipolar 2 is new, but thoughts in my head are faster than I can keep up. I mainly feel alone and hopeless. Due to 40+ yrs of undiagnosed mental health issues, my brain is fried and foggy. I feel like I'm losing this battle to good mental health. I've pushed everyone out of my life, cuz no one understands my racing and worried thoughts. They say they do, but it's clear they don't. Even my therapists have said my issues are too complex and referred me to others! Why am I ok with being unwell as long as I'm not the craziest one?

Optimisticempath October 20th, 2022

@ellamenopee I'm really sorry to know your struggle so much with mental health after years of trying and seeking support also, it sucks fr to feel hopeless despite being so resilient

Is there anything I can do to help you feel better, even if it's momentary or not that impactful I'd willing to try atleast , we can also just sit in silence together if that works 💕

ellamenopee OP October 20th, 2022

Thank you for offering your friendship! This community is amazing- the support and vulnerability help me to not feel so lonely. I think I needed a group of "my people" that have been through deep pain that can finally understand me.

Optimisticempath October 23rd, 2022

@ellamenopee glad you found it to be amazing place 💕 it is nice to have supportive and understanding people

Mshadows October 21st, 2022

I have been in therapy for a year (+2 unofficially) and don’t feel I have changed. I still have anxious and paranoid thoughts all the tome and I feel sometimes like giving up. I don’t know if this will ever get easier at least. Also I have zero social skills and haven’t developed high self-esteem or personality as an adult. It’s so messed up and no one will tell you what to do or what’s going on.