Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Expectations vs Reality

Ankapav92 November 19th, 2018

Today I was feeling sad and anxious. Sad bc I miss my old self and anxious bc Thanksgiving is coming up and I

DavidEss November 20th, 2018

@Ankapav92

Adopting a role might be something you can try. Like volunteering at something.

AbbyHarris1976 November 22nd, 2018

@Ankapav92

Hey there! smiley

Well, I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving and I know the feeling. I feel many times like I have to please everyone or else I won't have friends and no one will like me, and that if I say or do the wrong thing or even if I stand up for myself and my moral belliefs, that I'll disappoint my friends ... because it's happened before to me. There have been times where I stood up for my morals and my safety and disappointed someone because of it ... but if anyone is making you feel worthless because of what you believe to be right and true, then they are probably not your friend to begin with, because you are worth more and as you know this, you will find more friends who are your worth. yes

Welcome to 7 Cups! We're all here for you, also! smiley

AbbyHarris1976 November 22nd, 2018

Just to clarify ... the most recent time I had a problem standing up for my morals and safety and outright lost a friendship (if I can call it that) was when I exchanged contact info with someone from a meetup group for 40+ people (and he was only 26 ... what was he doing in a 40+ MeetUp??) AFTER I made it clear to him that (1) we