Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Bad days

sincerePlace8195 October 4th, 2022

Since sunday I have been feeling weird, I saw a friend and remember with her things from a period of my life that was horrible (my dad had just passed, I lost my job, and I started taking the worst decisions). I love this friend but it triggered me a lot to talk with her. Specially I have been thinking obsesively about a guy from that time with whom i got involved, I feel I never got over him, we were friends for while after things didnt work out romanticly, he became kind of my best friend, but a time after that we distanced from each other, I didnt even noticed when or why. Thinking about him is making me really anxious, and I can't stop, I want to be near him again, i feel like I want to plant a bomb in the center of my life and detonate it, leave my job, my boyfriend, my house. I normally use w e e D for sleeping, is the only things that helps me with insomnia and nightmares, i feel so bad that I didnt do it last night, now I dont know if I am more anxious because of that, I dont want to depend on it, but I am super anxious, maybe I just worsened things 😟

innateJoy9602 October 4th, 2022

@sincerePlace8195

Hello,

Sorry to hear you've been having some bad days!

I think it's great that you were able to recognized that a friend triggered you, and thus removed yourself. Sometimes it's great to distance from people for our own well-being<3

Additionally, if you don't wish to depend on that, maybe it will help to explore other coping mechanisms :) πŸ’›πŸ’«

sincerePlace8195 OP October 5th, 2022

Thank you so much, I have been feeling invisible, reading your comment made me feel back in the land of the living, I am doing better today, I finally saw my therapist yesterday, I still have the feeling I described but its like they are starting to dilude. Thanks for being here πŸ’–

LynnsListeningEar October 5th, 2022

@sincerePlace8195

Hi Place!

It's really powerful of you to be able to recognize that the conversation triggered you and you were able to navigate it with that knowledge. Taking care of yourself first is important before attempting to be there for others in our full self.

I also want to share that I relate a lot to the fear of substance use. In a lot of ways cannabis is a healing plant, especially for things like insomnia. Please know that doing what feels right for you and your body is important, the same way we drink Tylenol for headaches. You're doing wonderfully, reaching out and sharing your story. Thank you for allowing 7 cups to be a part of it.

sincerePlace8195 OP October 5th, 2022

Thank you for reading me, i guess I was also feeling really lonely and invisible, feeling there was no one out there listening. I talked to my therapist yesterday, and I feel a little bit better. Thanks for being here πŸ’–