Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxious of silent treatment

reliablePomegranate7448 March 22nd, 2021

I'm used to getting silent treatment from some people. How to let the people who treat me like that that it makes me anxious? I feel scared to discuss with the people directly.

MAKKAME March 22nd, 2021

@reliablePomegranate7448

Dear, The simplest act of face-to-face talking can be an enormous help for you. Sometimes it may hard to say when speaking to someone about depression. You might fear if you bring up your worries you may be insulted or other people would get angry, but this won't happen. Don't wait ! talk to them about your concerns and bring up your topic and feel better. Remember! there are people who love you and care about you. You don't need to feel scared of anything.
So, speak up or seek professional help if you need it.

thoughtfulmomma March 22nd, 2021

@reliablePomegranate7448

If these people are giving you the silent treatment, why do you feel the need to say "hey, you're making me anxious?" What I mean is, why is it important for you to explain to them how they're making you feel? If someone is giving you the silent treatment, chances are they really aren't interested in how you feel. Are they doing it intentionally?

reliablePomegranate7448 OP March 22nd, 2021

What if it is someone unavoidable like your sibling or parent or teacher?

thoughtfulmomma March 22nd, 2021

@reliablePomegranate7448

Well, it does make a difference. If it's a family member, why are they doing it? Are they upset with you? Did you do something that makes them upset? Are they just dealing with something on their own and just don't want to deal with anything you have going on? Are they doing it to provoke an argument?

Having received the silent treatment from someone over the years, I have found that I had two responses. #1 - be upset. #2 - ignore it. With #1, they had the power over me. With #2, I had the power. I'm not going to let someone's childish behavior ruin my day.

Rocktathan1 March 22nd, 2021

@reliablePomegranate7448

I completely get this. being ghosted sucks and when it happens time and time again it feels as though its inevidible

Seaworld30 March 22nd, 2021

what do you mean by silent treatment?