Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Agoraphobics?

harveygirl4619 June 28th, 2015

I do, thanks to my ex who has been and is still harassing/stalking/threatening me. It is so hard to get a restraining order here :/ Anyway, I can barely leave the house and am on guard all the time. I carry my pepper spray and flashlight stun gun everywhere with me in the house. This just sucks and I have no friends and get so bored and feel so crazy and restless. Anyway, just wanted to vent and also see who else goes through similar problems and is bored as hell lol

LifetimeDrifter July 18th, 2015

I have a diagnosis of agoraphobia. But like most phobics we are all different.
I avoid shopping (Hurray for next day delivery online) , talking to anyone in a public place is tricky and asking a question is one big NO NO. Parties and social gatherings are also all situations to avoid. Birthdays/Christmas/Easter - all times of year I try to escape.

Some days are a little better, some days are a little worse. Some days I manage to drive my car. Others I just cant face it, or worse get in my car with the intention to cause myself harm.

Its a tricky condition to live with when other people are the core of our every day life.

uglyPandaMan July 18th, 2015

Can relate.. This year I avoided the annual family gathering due to my agoraphobia. Feels kinda guilty lying to my parents to escape that event.

Lee July 24th, 2015

@harveygirl4619

Wow, that must be so tough! I'm so sorry for what you have to go through right now. You did not deserve this situation where you feel as though you need to fear your surroundings. I really hope things get better, and I'm wishing you strength.

Lee.

Seraphina2 July 25th, 2015

I have agoraphobia and social anxiety (and other things...), I haven't went out of my house since Wednesday. I feel really bad because of this. But the only imagine it, I feel anxious and terrible afraid. I'm stupid for not give the first step, I know it :(

uglyPandaMan July 25th, 2015

Try one month. Nowadays, I only go out more less three times per month..

FruitPop180 August 5th, 2015

I'll be turning 15 in 2 days. I've been dealing with agoraphobia. I haven't ridden in a car or been more than half a mile away since January. That's 8 months! 8 months of boredom and missed opportunities. The furthest I've been away from home in 8 months was when it was July and I rode my bike half a mile away to a park. I was trembling...