Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

seriously tired of the panic

anaaordazz September 29th, 2016

I keep getting panic attacks. I always get dizzy at night, shakey, shallow breaths, and always feeling like I'm abut to faint. and I HATE fainting. every time I faint it's my body shaking unconscious, and when I wake up I like lose my breath and everything is spinning. and I hate hate hate that. it's literally the scariest thing for me. my therapist hasn't really figured out why I get panic attacks but I just want to learn how to control them when they happen at night. I lose so much sleep because of them, I even have stopped going to school. I just am so sick of this. I don't have medication for it. I just want to be okay from my panic attacks please help me

MilkMan September 29th, 2016

If they always happen at night are you scared of the dark? Or scared of sleeping?

anaaordazz OP September 29th, 2016

@MilkMan I sleep with a light on, and sleeping not really I don't really know the cause of my panic attacks but that it happens so much and I just want to control them

MilkMan September 29th, 2016

@anaaordazz hhhmmmm maybe your just freaking yourself out or just really stressed. Your mind/brain still works while your sleeping so if your stressed while going to sleep your mind/brain will still be stressed through out your rest. Try calming down before bed with meditation and stress relief sleeping hypnotize videos on YouTube. Hope this helps!

imaginativeHuman5462 November 4th, 2016

I know this is an old thread and this might not be helpful, but did you have a 'severe' panic attack before this happened? I had the same feelings the first time I had a 'severe' panic attack ( luckily i'be only had 2) and it would take me forever to sleep 'cause I'd be afraid of having another panic attack, honestly I didn't do anything about it 'cause I was afraid of the panic feeling, and the doctor I went to when my anxiety first surfaced didn't tell me anyways of getting rid of it he just said to ignore it. My advice is to try the guided meditations on this app and to not give into your fear it sounds cliché but I hid from my fear and now it's even worse.