Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Emotions during panic attacks?

LaynieJWest5661 August 31st, 2015

I'm curious to know what emotions you have during a panic attack?

MidniteAngel August 31st, 2015

@LaynieJWest5661

A panic attack is a sudden surge of overwhelming anxiety and fear. Your heart pounds and you can't breathe. You may even feel like you're dying or going crazy. Left untreated, panic attacks can lead to panic disorder and other problems.

You find yourself helplessly frozen. Your heart is racing. Your chest is pounding. You cant catch your breath. You feel lightheaded. You feel faint. You think you might die right there on the spot.

Those who have had panic attacks are fearful of having another one. So they avoid being in places or situations in which they feel vulnerable or where theres no quick and easy escape. For some, this means they cant be alone. For others, it means they cant be with new people or in crowds of people. In their attempt to create a safe life, they inadvertently create a small life.

Some panic attacks are not so omnipresent, occurring only when zero hour draws near. Students panic before an exam. Hosts panic before their guests arrive. Actors panic before the curtain rises. Working folks panic before their annual evaluations. Patients panic before their medical test.

Medley October 10th, 2015

@MidniteAngel

Thanks

Raylen September 5th, 2015

@LaynieJWest5661

My panic attacks are/were very scary, my vision gets blurry, I feel like I can't breathe and my heart feels like it's stabbed with knives, my thoughts races and I feel like i'm going to die, I get panicked about having an attack so that makes it worse.

Lotusflowers September 5th, 2015

Anxiety, haha ;)
I feel sick, my stomach hurts, I get a headache. Everything starts to feel very "bright" (sounds, vision). Everything bothers me a lot!
My legs feel like jelly and I start sweating.

September 5th, 2015

I feel the most that cold and warm not waves, but tsunamis literally lol surprise It's really bad, I hate panic attacks.

scaredysquirrelstwin September 5th, 2015

I want to hide in a room where it is dark and quiet. Not silent. I want nothing more than to be alone but I have become good at hiding it so people don't know anymore. I am terrified I will lose control so I try to secure myself somewhere safe.

UnicornFae September 6th, 2015

Emotional-wise I usually feel very upset, exhausted, crazy and really agitated. I get snappy sometimes if my bf is trying to talk me down and "says the wrong thing" or something. He knows it's just the panic attack talking but it sucks that it makes me so mean on top of all the other stuff that's happening at the time.

AyaIris September 7th, 2015

When I get panic attacks, I usually feel very lost, angry and/or guilty. These feelings can become so overwhelming that they result in shaking, sweating, increased heart rate and hyperventilating.

xxipilots September 7th, 2015

I recently had a panic attack and let me tell you my experience.

It just sucks.

It just sucks.

At first I started crying but the more i thought about it, the more I started freaking out. And my asthma was not helping at all.

You feeling like you have no control over everything.

Thoughts are running all over the place in your mind.

Everything feels so surreal.

It just sucks.

BUT after I had my panic attack I quit doing stuff that was stressing me out and now I feel relieved tbh. I feel less stressed.

pinkythepoodle14 October 12th, 2015

Panic attacks are terrible. I lose control of myself. It sometimes feels like you're going to die. My heart pounds, and breathing is tiring. I lose the sense of reality, and all you can do it tell yourself that it will pass.

tinybitofmini October 12th, 2015

@pinkythepoodle14 That's horrible that you have to experience that :(

tinybitofmini October 12th, 2015

It's different for everyone. My friend usually feels like crying, has bad anxiety, shakes, and sweats a lot. There are so many different ways you can experience it.

pinkythepoodle14 October 12th, 2015

@tinybitofmini

I totally agree. It really depends on the person, but whatever you feel- it sucks. :(

October 14th, 2015

Panic attacks hurt for me. At first I start crying and my head starts to hurt then my stomach hurts and I feel like im going to throw up. But at the end its different for everyone.