Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Am I having a panic attack?

Celesteee June 26th, 2015

Hi there, I am agirl who "freaks out" (as of what i've called it) when someone is fussing at me, disagreeing with me or telling me i'm doing something wrong (not even in a mean or rude way). When this sort of thing happensI suddenlyget shakey, very hot and red,my eyes like start moving back and forth too wear I cant focus or see anything(it feels likeI cant keep my eyes still and it gives me major headaches) andI start tearing up and/or crying. its a very dramatic scene for something that isnot even a big problem butI still seem to "freak out" is this what a Panic Attack can do? Is what I explained a Panic Attack?indecision

geaninaa June 26th, 2015

I don.t know what it is, but i have to tell you that you deserve to habe an opinion and you shouldn.t let someone yell at you just because you have one. Try to stay relaxed and don.t care ☺

Celesteee OP June 26th, 2015

Thanks, but what I was trying to say is that I freak out like that when someone is just talking to me, not yelling or being mean. when they disagree with me or if they are upset or something. but even when someone is yellng at me its the same thing that happens,,, also it happens when i am super nervous about something.

geaninaa June 26th, 2015

Just try to stay calm, sweetheart. When this happens try to breath and think about something that makes you comfortable :)

yellowGrapes8131 June 26th, 2015

yes it sounds like a panic attack to me, remember you are not alone I have this same problem.

I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks since I was in the 8th grade, during those years I have also developed social anxiety and even talking to people triggers panic attacks! Some days are better than other and some days are worse. Recently I have found something that helps me to cope with the anxiety and control my panic attacks to a certain extent. Although it does not cure my attacks It has really helped me improve.

When you have a chance I would recommend you take a look at anxiousreview . com

It is a good read, I hope I helped somebody else out there! :)

Celesteee OP June 26th, 2015

how do you deal with this when your in school? its not like overly excessive but it stops me from learning. how do you adsress this to your parents? im recently descovering what it is and with any help provided to tell my mom would be very helpful.

TransAm85 June 26th, 2015

It sounds like you just have severe anxiety. My mother gets like that. She's had anxiety since she was in her 20's .. before I was even born. When she gets upset, irritated, or starts arguing/disagreeing w/someone, she starts shaking like a person w/Parkinson's, sweating, and sometimes just cries. She has issues .. but that's another story. Anyway, she's been on medication for this for about 40 years. Soon as she has an anxiety attack, she takes a pill, Lorazepam, and calms down. I suggest you talk to a doctor though. Good luck! :)

Celesteee OP June 27th, 2015

Thanks. i just don't know how to confront this to my mom. she doesnt know i have this problem.

remnantshadow October 17th, 2015

This sounds like you are triggered when confronted with these types of situations and while I don't know why you have those specific symptoms, anxiety can throw just about anything at you. Anxiety attacks always have a trigger.

JayBumble December 7th, 2015

Sounds like it :) There are lots of ways you can get help with this! Are you very close to your mother? How do you think she would react if you told her about it?

Enjel December 7th, 2015

Hello! I'm new here.

I need to find a way to help myself and I found this apps.

I would think I have anxiety / panic attack.

I constantly worry about my health (esp I'm quite skinny and I can't really eat these days). I feel like I'm almost going to black out during meals and eventually vomit. I would experience rapid heart beat, breathless and weak.

I feel stress and upset when I can't finish my food which eventually may lead to further weight lost. I'm always worried if this is the cause of illness.

I'm getting married in 4 weeks time. And I felt like I'm losing more weight and I wouldn't look nice with my wedding gown.

Anyone experience similar case , pls enlighten me and I would very much want to be back to the happy, bubbly old me. :(