Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Stress Eating Guilt

craterlake December 23rd, 2023

I know I'm not the only one who will stress eat when going through tough times. How are others getting past it or stopping the habit?

toughTiger6481 December 26th, 2023

@craterlake

I used to do this more and it never really disappears but i have found success in in the moment of putting something together or reaching into fridge ....i say out loud .... this is because i am ....( stressed, mad, upset) ......... i walk away and distract myself from eating for 10 minutes at a time... 10 becomes 20 and then 30..... it has worked many times....

diligentFarm4007 December 27th, 2023

@craterlake I find it calming when I drink water in these situations and then I tell myself - “I was just thirsty. I am fine now. I can get things done now that I am not thirsty anymore.”

bubblegum794 January 2nd

I try to drink water and think about how I’m going to feel if I stress eat and ask myself if that terrible feeling of guilt is worth whatever I plan to eat. Works more often than not. You just have to pause and be present and mindful before you act (I know it’s easier said than done)

LZYYYy January 2nd

@craterlake

I used to do this quite often too. We stress eat because food brings us joy.

I'm a big foodie too, so it was hard for me to control the desire to eat. What I found quite effective is to not store any snacks in my house. So if I really wanna eat, there's nothing I can grab.