Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Social anxiety and alexinomia

NickyYayUwU April 12th

I'm tired of not being able to even say "Thank you" when somebody at highschool compliments me.

I wish I could talk like I'd like to, but I can't. I feel locked inside my own body.

Even calling people by their name feels weird to me. I feel like when I'll call them I'll trip in my words or I'll start babbling and I fear mispronuncing their name although I do know how to do it.

I feel like I would've had many more friends if only I could get out of this anxiety, this internal block, and be myself and not overthink about anything.

Does somebody have any tips on how to overcome this and if you did overcome or went through something like this, how did you manage to solve this problem? Thank you, I really need tips because I'm too afraid of talking to a therpist in person....Oh well, I guess now you know why.. 🤷‍♀️

lightCherry9939 April 27th

@NickyYayUwU I understand how tough it can be to deal with those feelings. It's like you're stuck in your own head, right? But hey, you're not alone in this, and there are ways to work through it. Try taking deep breaths when you feel overwhelmed, and remember, it's okay to start small. Maybe just saying "thank you" to a compliment is a good place to begin. And hey, don't be too hard on yourself! We're all learning and growing every day. If you ever need someone to talk to, I'm here for you. You got this!

NickyYayUwU OP April 27th

Thank you ð¥²ð¥°