Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One bad thing after another.

compassionateOak202 September 24th, 2023

The past week I've been trying to recover from another relapse event of my suicidal behavior. Then throughout today, I was on the fence about reaching out to Crisis Lifeline again. However I managed to keep calm for a while and decided that I wanted to attend my support group later this evening online, but it turns out they're shutting down due to safety issues. So I immediately broke down.

I was doing well working on the steps of my recovery and improving my life for the past several weeks until recently. I'm currently keeping my thoughts in check after another session with my therapist after my relapse. I'm just really down and also frustrated.

Tinywhisper11 September 24th, 2023

@compassionateOak202 hugggs you ❤ I'm sorry about your support group😞 but you know cups is always here to support you too ❤ I think your doing so well battling against theese thoughts. Please stay safe ❤❤❤

compassionateOak202 OP September 24th, 2023

Thank you, I appreciate it a lot. I feel like I’m back at square one. Will do my best to work through with it.

CDK1972 September 24th, 2023

Hi. Let me share my story just too give you an idea of what I go through. Hopefully it helps. I have been dealing with depression for over 20 years. My last battle was about 3 months ago and it hit me pretty hard so I decided to see a psychologist for the first time in about 7 years. It helped me a lot. He discussed how anxiety and depression actually work and he also suggested for me to read 2 books. The 10 Best Ever Anxiety Management Techniques and Feeling Good. They discuss not only coping skills but talk about how bc go the brain works in regards to anxiety and depression. I really liked the books and I am still reading them. I am not a huge fitness guy but for the last 5 months or so I take a walk in my hilly neighborhood and I also jog a little bit to get my heart rate up. This helps me tremendously. I usually do it on my lunch break because I work close to home. I am also on an anti depressant which is 20 mg of Lexapro and when I go through my anxiety/depression episodes I will take Klonopin. There is hope and you will be ok. Trust me.

compassionateOak202 OP September 24th, 2023

@CDK1972 thank you for sharing your experience. I'm curious about the books you've mentioned so I'll check them out.

CDK1972 September 25th, 2023

I really like them. They explain how the mind works amongst techniques. Let me know what you think