Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Decisions

leannescarlett July 27th, 2023

Hi there . I have a hard time making my own decisions. With being in the young adult transition program I am in , I can make decisions. I just get anxious about anything, even if it’s small. I don’t trust myself and want to trust in myself more . Does anyone else have trouble with making decisions? I would love to hear your thoughts on that.,

Tauriel98 July 28th, 2023

@leannescarlett

Hi 👋 I can totally feel u. I was like this and still a little now. For me When it came to making a decision, I immediately tell myself that what if I do it wrong or what if it wasn't the right decision, what if I fail. I just didn't trust myself AND I couldn't bring me to FORGIVE myself if it went wrong. I kept looking at the results and it scared me, it's kinda like keep predict the future u know🙃 but u know what, LET IT FAIL, Don't be scared it will make u grow I promise. Actually this is a good thing that u question ur decisions and try to make the right ones but Don't put too much energy or thought to it and even if it wasn't very right, it will give u experience and make u a mature person. Don't blame yourself for possible mistakes because it will give u life experience and it worth it so it won't be a total failure :)))

Another tip: try to start with making a simple decisions. Like what way is faster one to get me home and choose one.

Sorry it was long but I just wanted to say that there is nothing wrong with u and ur doing great 💛

leannescarlett OP July 29th, 2023

Hi there. Thanks. I have a hard time with the statement “there’s nothing wrong.” Within these past few days… I’ve definitely made decisions, then second guessed myself. The bigger decisions are more difficult. Like I don’t want to do the phase 2 part of my young adult transition study program but next steps are roughh.

WellsFiction July 28th, 2023

@leannescarlett For sure! If I'm really stressed I feel very anxious all the time. I've gotten better at dealing with those feelings, yet they're definitely a hurdle to climb. You're not alone, friend :)

Appreciate it

passionateThinker3248 July 29th, 2023

Definitely do have the same trouble making decisions, sometimes I'll dwell on things for a week at least before I can make a decision. I struggle with my confidence in myself to make those decisions, even if it's something simple

I can relate with you. Struggle with confidence and believing in myself. I just wanna “go for it” because even ruminating on thoughts to bring up in therapy or just talk with others, makes me anxious.

passionateThinker3248 July 29th, 2023

I think that's the thing, I think sometimes we just have to go for it. Personally I'm trying harder to just go for it, because I feel like deep down we probably want to but are scared. Maybe by just going for it, we will build that confidence in ourselves and have trust in ourselves. So let's " go for it"