Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxious for no reason

StormsOfNeptune November 23rd, 2022

I’m anxious for no reason and I don’t know what to do. Help please

juliak1968 November 24th, 2022

@lavenderHuman95

Hello,

When this happens to me I always feel better when I'm just talking with somebody. When it got really bad I would call the crisis hotline and talk for 20-40 minutes until I felt better. Try to imagine your thoughts are under your control, take some nice slow deep breaths and focus on anything that with help you use your sensory touch sight sounds etc. 3 years ago I was constantly battling anxiety but I found the most awesome therapist and got on a lot of medications, now I am finally doing better and I feel the depression lifting away slowly but surely. I'm sending you hugs and strength!!

Blessings, Day

StormsOfNeptune OP November 24th, 2022

@juliak1968 Thank you so much for this!

juliak1968 November 29th, 2022

@lavenderHuman95

Always, Blessings, Day

jesus88 November 24th, 2022

@lavenderHuman95 due to your body reacting much faster than your brain, sometimes it's hard to keep up. Sensations and processes can be very overwhelming for your body which could lead to anxiety. Developing small and healthy habits is a great thing to do. For instance - I like to eat carrots or do back exercises (very important) whenever I feel too anxious. Carrots are yummy and the crunch is super satisfying! And back exercises help breathing. Also recommend listening to Mt Joy. I am listening to them as i am writing this and just dancing on my chair. They never fail to make me feel better.

here's a link of a specific exercise that is life changing!: Wall Exercises for Upper Back Pain - YouTube

jesus88 November 24th, 2022

@jesus88 also if you choose to start doing back exercises, do not drop it! It could be difficult at first but it's totally worth it <3

@jesus88 thank you, I’ll look into that!

yourlisteningear November 24th, 2022

@lavenderHuman95

I’m anxious for no reason and I don’t know what to do. Help please
6 5

Hey @lavenderHuman95, thank you for reaching out to us. We're here for you to talk about anything. You may speak with a listener in our chats or go to our sharing circle group page if that works for you.

@yourlisteningear Will do, thank you!

yourlisteningear November 24th, 2022

c

wishfulDaisy1763 November 24th, 2022

@lavenderHuman95

Hello there! I'm glad you're here and trying to get better. :)
Listeners are available if you want to talk about your anxiety. You can join the group chats too.

I take deep breaths and think about something positive that'd divert my thoughts when I'm feeling anxious.
You can try that too.
Hope this was helpful :)