Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Anxious and depressed for over a Month

CDK1972 January 1st, 2023

Feeling anxious and depressed. It’s been going on for about a month. I try to keep myself busy while hopefully my anti depressants kick back in. I’ve been taking 0.25 mg of clonazapam in the morning and another 0.25mg at night. It definitely takes the edge off for awhile. I fight taking anymore than that but sometimes I do. I was prescribed 0.50mg up to 3 times a day but I fight it. I weened myself pretty much off of them but then last month happened where I woke up and felt like I couldn’t breathe. Now sometimes I get myself worked up and it feels like I have an elephant on my chest. I know I can breathe fine but none the less it freaks me out. It eventually goes away but it can get very uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

fruityPond7887 January 7th, 2023

@CDK1972 Hi! I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling so anxious. 😞 I know it can be scary in regards to taking medication, but it does seem like it was prescribed for you and that you haven't abused it at all. If you feel as though it helps, maybe consider taking it as needed without feeling guilty? I know it is difficult though because I struggle with taking medication too. Please know that you are not alone and we are here for you!

CDK1972 OP January 8th, 2023

@fruityPond7887 hi and thanks for your response. Yeah, I know until this depression passes I really do need to take it. As I think my anti depressants have taken a break. My walks definitely help and I have a Drs appointment on Wednesday (it got changed from last Friday). I want to go over exactly what milligrams of Clonazepam I can take and how many. I was telling my wife I just dont want to take one every time I feel anxious especially when all this passes. I also go back to work tomorrow which I’m kind of looking forward too. I’m a teacher and was on Christmas break. I always need to be productive and it was just sooo hard over the break but I did do some stuff. It seems these anxiety/depression episodes last about 2 months each time I go through them. I went and saw a psychologist for the first time in 7 years and I have my second appointment next Monday. I really like him. He seems to think it will pass in about a month and to keep doing what I’m doing. I’ve been taking 0.25mg in the late morning and at night. I think I might need to throw one in there in the afternoon since I’ll be taking one earlier when I go back to work tomorrow. Sorry I know I rambled but thanks for listening. 😊

fruityPond7887 January 11th, 2023

@CDK1972 No worries about the rambling! That's what we are here for! I am glad to see that you went and saw a psychologist. I can imagine that must be difficult after so many years, but you are doing everyday that you need to do to keep yourself happy and healthy! I am hoping that going back to work for you can help distract you and make you feel better. Having things to keep us busy and give us purpose is always helpful! Thank you for sharing your story with us! I hope you feel better soon! 💛

CDK1972 OP January 11th, 2023

@fruityPond787 hi, I’m back at work and things seem to be getting better little by little. Waking up not as much depressed and at night I’m not quite as anxious. I think things are going in the right direction. Seem to be happier more often but I don’t want to Jinx it 😃. How are you doing?

fruityPond7887 January 13th, 2023

@CDK1972 That's great to hear that you're feeling a bit better :) I'm really happy for you and I hope you continue to feel better!! I am doing okay! I'm always tired but okay :) Thanks for asking!

bubbleTown7508 January 11th, 2023

Some of these medicines work in ways that can make your heart jump so do be careful as they space out adults who are older enough to take them.

When we get older we don't really matter on what the dosage is as long as it is heavy, would you agree that that is true I might be the only one because I suffer from depression and so you must understand what I am dealing with here.

If you take the depressants and you cannot breathe it must mean there is something not okay here.

Depressants are intended to take the edge off although when I am underneath one it makes me shake and then I experience a psychotic breakdown.

I would like to end this thread with a good luck out there in explication.

silverLove451 January 11th, 2023

@CDK1972 I'm sorry you've been feeling anxious and depression for a month now you are not alone your feelings are valid.

hanimal26 February 20th, 2023

Me too I started a new medication and it’s made it worse

CDK1972 OP February 20th, 2023

@hanimal26 Hi hanimal. I know it sucks but that’s usually party of the process. I believe it takes anywhere from a couple of weeks to about 6 weeks to work. Keep letting your Dr know how you are feeling. Sometimes they will up the dosage or change the antidepressant right away. It depends. Give it time and they will find the right one for you. 😊