Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Transition Support Prompt #3: What kind of person do you want to become as you enter adulthood?

ASilentObserver August 31st, 2023

Hello everyone, I hope you are all being easy on yourself this week.

Last week we discussed: How do you plan to prioritize your well-being as you become an adult? Thank you to all who participated and shared their thoughts for discussion. I enjoyed them. I hope you all did too. If you didn't share yours, please share them here and I look forward to reading and discussing them with you.

This week's prompt: What kind of person do you want to become as you enter adulthood?

This week I want us to reflect and explore the thoughts of the person we want to become as we age up and grow. Imagine your best future self and share what kind of person you may want to be. Are there any specific personal or professional achievements you hope to accomplish? Let's get started and all thoughts are welcomed!

Also, you can request a Transitioning Mentor to support and guide you as well!

tree.gif

ASilentObserver OP September 4th, 2023

@politeGrapefruit1800 That's a wonderful aspiration to enter adulthood with. What thoughts or feelings arise when you consider being a good and kind person? Your desire suggests a caring nature. I am sure you will be amazing.

jurgisrudkus September 3rd, 2023

This is a complicated question, as I’ve never really envisioned myself getting this far. However, I think great things are possible.

I want to be a successful person in my professional life. I’ve got big dreams that I hope I stay motivated to achieve. I want a rich social life and a beautiful place to call my own. I want to be kind, ambitious, and independent. Independence is a big thing for me, as I have a fear of being too dependent on anyone else. Not that I won’t accept help, just that I’ll be competent and able to live on my own

ASilentObserver OP September 4th, 2023

@jurgisrudkus I am glad you shared. <3 It sounds like you have big dreams and goals for your life that are important to you. Achieving independence while also having fulfilling relationships can understandably feel complicated. What kinds of support systems do you currently have that help you feel motivated to work towards your dreams?

ASilentObserver OP September 18th, 2023

@username73 Thank you for sharing your thoughts, username. It sounds like you're experiencing feelings of loss and sadness as you reflect on dreams from your youth. Transitioning to new stages of life often brings changes in what we imagine for ourselves. I hear longing in your words to find meaning and purpose as you look ahead. You've clearly given this deep thought as you strive to accept yourself with compassion.