Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Adult-Teen Listener Oath

ArwaS August 27th, 2018

As an Adult-Teen Listener you become a part of this amazing community, the Teenside is a special place with so many different individuals. if you are an Adult-Teen Listener and would like to make a commitment to the Teenside, write this out below (you can copy and paste it, but that can take away from it)

I (username), as an adult teen listener pledge,

To understand that the teens in the community are to not be belittled or spoken down too.
To support the teen community with the knowledge that I have as well as being open to learn, gain knowledge and skills from the teens.
To guide the teens to take on their own initiatives and become their own leaders and not underestimate their potential for growth.
To not pressurise the teens into doing anything they do not want to do, including encouraging offsite contact.
To not overstep or overshadow the teens when supporting and guiding them, or monopolise within the teen community.
To have a duty of care when caring for and supporting the teens in the community, so that I am not pushing boundaries and keeping the teen community safe and supportive.
To be mindful of our speech and how it may be perceived, to not patronise or undermine anyone in the community no matter their age.
To be responsible and to take accountability for my own actions.

*Name* *Date*

Please note that this is for Adult-Teen Listeners only, if you are a teen and would like to take an oath there is one here ~ goo.gl/CtBZj1

This post is brought to you by the Teen Transitioning Program. Please read about it here.

DanCat1128 February 14th

I DanCat1128, as an adult teen listener pledge,

To understand that the teens in the community are to not be belittled or spoken down too.

To support the teen community with the knowledge that I have as well as being open to learn, gain knowledge and skills from the teens.

To guide the teens to take on their own initiatives and become their own leaders and not underestimate their potential for growth.

To not pressurise the teens into doing anything they do not want to do, including encouraging offsite contact.

To not overstep or overshadow the teens when supporting and guiding them, or monopolise within the teen community.

To have a duty of care when caring for and supporting the teens in the community, so that I am not pushing boundaries and keeping the teen community safe and supportive.

To be mindful of our speech and how it may be perceived, to not patronise or undermine anyone in the community no matter their age.

To be responsible and to take accountability for my own actions.

Signed:

*DanCat1128*

*2/14/2024*