Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

3 Type of ADHD

Gargi07 August 10th

Hello everyone!!! I hope you’re all doing well. Today, I came across something interesting that I wanted to share with you. Did you know that ADHD has three different types? I found this really informative, and I thought you might too. It’s definitely worth checking out to learn more and get some useful information🌻🤍

So, ADHD has three types

1-Inattentive ADHD - Characterised by poor concentration, lack of focus, easy distractibility, shirt attention span etc.

2-Hyperactive/impulsive ADHD - Characterised by hyperactivity and poor behavioural controls.

3-Combined type ADHD - Characterised by all of the above symptoms.

Symptoms- 

Currently the most common form of ADHD is inattentive ADHD. It is the most common form in both males and females of all ages. But it’s likely that it is, in fact, not as common as we think because of all the types of ADHD is it is hardest to diagnose. Symptoms of lack of focus and attention are very common among many different types of medical and psychological conditions, and it’s hard to get the right one. Also these symptoms are vague and very subjective, it’s hard to know where the line is between normal and disordered. Also there is newer condition being studied that is different from ADHD, but they believe has been misdiagnosed as ADHD for decades. It’s called Sluggish Cognitive Tempo and it cases problems with focus like ADHD. But has a different cause and also causes issues with things like memory, organisation, day dreaming, brain fog etc. It is believed that as many as 50% or. Ore of those diagnosed with inattentive ADHD may actually have Sluggish Cognitive tempo.

Combined type, has always been the most common type, up until very recently. And it most likely will be again, once sluggish cognitive tempo has been better studied.

Hyperactive/impulsive type is rare, and usually only diagnosed in young children, who don’t need to focus so much yet. But in reality the vast majority of those with the hyperactive and impulsive behaviours also have attention. Problems too and should be diagnosed as combined type.

I’ve got a picture to help explain it better, so you can check it out and get some useful information!

8fa3ce8e5824bd846b46f5054d6fae55_1723263887.jpg

@Gargi07

Ooh yes, indeed quite informative, thanks for putting this information together, Gargi!💛

Gargi07 OP August 30th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

You're welcome 💛🤍

niceAcai636 August 30th

Interesting about the sluggish cognitive tempo, that sounds a lot like me. Any idea how it’s treated?

Gargi07 OP August 30th

@niceAcai636

I don't know about the treatment I'm sorry but u can contact some professional or therapist for that.