Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Ask me anything: What ADHD is and questions about it

alexacanhelp March 8th, 2021

Ask me anything about ADHD! I have combined type ADHD and love helping people find out what ADHD really is and what it's like. Ask me anything, I'll try to respond as soon as possible <3

fairyava March 8th, 2021

@alexacanhelp thank you for this post alexa this is super helpful! What are some things you've found help you focus when you need to do something like schoolwork for a long period of time? Do you use any type of fidget toys/do you find those helpful?

alexacanhelp OP March 8th, 2021

@fairyava

Ok. So I used to have this thing called a fidget cube, which really helped me because it had many things it could do. It's small and compact and is quiet, so it's a perfect fidget toy.

fairyava March 8th, 2021

@alexacanhelp I have a fidget cube too, yay c:

gingersnappen March 8th, 2021

@alexacanhelp so great that you’re doing this! I have inattentive type (: don’t have any questions since I know what it’s like lol but just wanted to say thanks and hope you have a great day or night ❤️

@gingersnappen

Ty! I have a severe combined type and this is one of the websites that helps me actually, so tysm!

MangusFruit9796 June 26th, 2023

Hi! what are the symptoms of a severe combined type? I am curious about that.thanks!

@alexcanhelp

@alexacanhelp

SunnyLexi March 8th, 2021

🌸Love the post! I don't have any questions because I have ADHD myself.🌸

@SunnyLexi

ty! I hope more people reply and ask questions!

MelaniaTaylor March 11th, 2021

@alexacanhelp There are a lot of things about ADHD that still remain unaddressed. A lot of patients go undiagnosed because their symptoms are nearer to the ones of ADHD but they still don't get diagnosed. This is because of these subtypes of ADHD that are unknown to most of the people. More awareness needs to be raised about these and their treatment plans too.

alexacanhelp OP March 11th, 2021

@MelaniaTaylor

Thanks Melania, this can help others. <3

Yukihiko March 12th, 2021
@alexacanhelp
What coping skills has helped you organize and stay on track the best so far?

Emie

alexacanhelp OP March 12th, 2021

@EmikoKokoro

Well, I used to use a fidget cube. I also try and get a hobby that can keep me busy, and I set little rewards for myself if I stay focused and calm. :)

Yukihiko March 13th, 2021

@alexacanhelp

That sounds really nice :0

Thanks for answering!

alexacanhelp OP March 13th, 2021

@EmikoKokoro No problem <3

IceCream4IceCream April 16th, 2021

@EmikoKokoro

What coping skills has helped you organize and stay on track the best so far?

I have a special kind of planner which is better suited for people with ADHD. I write down all my appointments + to dos there, and also I calendar everything digitially. I try to use timers to keep aware of time. My computer announces the time every 15 minutes lol. There are a lot of things I do. Could tell you more if your question is a bit more specific? :)

Yukihiko April 16th, 2021
@jovialButterfly6752
Oohh Interesting! Do you mind if I ask what kind of planner is it Astonished?
I'm not sure what you mean by being more specific? But you did answer my question, though. Thanks!

Emie || "If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain."

Yukihiko April 16th, 2021
@jovialButterfly6752
Of course! And thanks a lot, Jovial!

Emie || "If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain."

@alexacanhelp

I'm happy to help too as another person with combined type ADHD. I love when people ask questions! Better to be informed than ignorant :)

FaithfulGeekyGal20 March 15th, 2022

@alexacanhelp hi there! 😊 My name is faith and I was wondering, when it comes to friendship and ADHD/ADD or I guess combined type and inattentive types on the spectrum of ADHD, what would you say is the best way for someone without ADHD (I'm a low support need autistic individual) to be a good friend to someone who has ADHD/ADD and may have difficulty with closeness in newer relationships? I wanna be as good a friend as I possibly can, to someone who feels we aren't close enough in certain aspects of our friendship and who maybe even feels as if they're not good at the whole friendship scene. What are some things one can do to reassure and confirm that one, its ok if closeness and trust takes time and too, that they are good and deserving of friendship? Obviously words are sometimes the reason for being guarded as words and actions don't always line up. So what actions can I take that might help solidify that I mean what I say, genuinely and sincerely and kindly too 😊

wonderfulRainbow817 July 22nd, 2022

@alexacanhelp, what is the most difficult thing you face with ADHD?

SojourningScribbler December 24th, 2022

Hey Alexa are you listening on here or are you simply a number? Cuz I might be interested in chatting about the impact of ADHD upon relationships and communication.

SojourningScribbler December 24th, 2022

* a listener or simply a member?

Stupid voice to text errors

Victoire June 16th, 2023

Thank you very much for the opportunity to ask questions! :)

Could you tell me about things your loved ones do that are helpful to you?

iwantpeacefrl June 26th, 2023

@alexacanhelp can adhd also cause you have so many ideas that it stops your work flow? Like for example you get so many ideas that you become overwhelm and complete none?