Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Self gratification, p***, online interaction

CatDaddy60 July 1st

I'm new to 7 Cups and wasn't sure they would be a group appropriate for the issue I'm struggling with which you can see in the title. Nonetheless I can see by some of the threads here that there are others that struggle in the same way I've been better at times but things have crap back into my life where I feel like a compulsive behavior that I often have described as an addiction trying to take hold of me again

Tinywhisper11 July 2nd

@CatDaddy60 I see you wrote a thread and opened up a bit ❤ well done I'm really proud of you. Yes there are many people in here struggling with this addiction. I don't generally answer this sort of post, cause I don't really know how to help others with this. But your an exception and 'm rooting for you all the way ❤  how bad is the addiction? And how desperate do you wanna quit? Or don't you want to quit? I'd like to support you if I can ❤ hugs you tightly ❤

CatDaddy60 OP July 2nd

@Tinywhisper11 Thanks for the encouragement.  Can we chat in Pen Pals, maybe a bit more discreet to share some hard things?

Tinywhisper11 July 3rd

@CatDaddy60 I just set up a place for us ❤

Helgafy July 4th

@CatDaddy60

I think addiction is hard to fight by yourself. Why don't you see a therapist. There are also therapists at 7Cups but I think to see one in real life would be better for you. Then you also could be in a group with persons with addiction in their behavior I think.

CatDaddy60 OP July 4th

Hello Helga, thank you for taking time to reply. Yes it is hard to grapple by yourself which is a strange paradoxical thing. I have to be careful with interactions online because I will try to sexualize them. I may start out meaning well but I know that I can drift into manipulation to try to get some gratification out of it. That was one of the things that developed over time from an innocent 14 year old boy looking at magazines to the internet age that open the opportunity for all kinds of behavior. I did see a therapist in person once but was largely unsatisfied by the experience plus I have had gotten shaking so badly by being caught in some behavior that I was able to walk a generally positive path. That was 10 years ago and This Owen is has reared his head again.

Helgafy July 4th

@CatDaddy60

Friend - thank you for writing - as long as you wish to be here around us! Tiny is a wonderful young women. But I have never been in contact with anybody being so conflicted as she.
You'll not succeed in sexualizing either sweet Tiny or me. I'm too old (71 lol!) and I'll tell you a bit about Tiny. I think she doesn't mind at all - she's the most open person we have here at 7Cups. She was living in a sect and she was a victim of prostitution from when she was 4 years old until she was 18. They were also tortured in a room and they made videos from that. At a young age she gave birth to a wonderful, perfect baby boy with blue eyes. They let her keep him for 1 day and 1 night and then they killed him - she watched.  They destroyed her spine; she had to amputate her both legs at the knees and 2 fingers at each hand. She has no feelings in her body from waist down. I just wanted to tell you a bit of the phorn industry - the victoms behind it. She was rescured by a group when she was 18 and went from USA to Wales in England.

I looked up Owen - meaning "from a nice family" or "son of a god" - lol - well i guess you meant something like "bad things have happened again". 
CatDaddy60 OP July 4th

@Helgafy thank you for sharing all of that with me, I had some glimpse of Tiny's background but this really helps me understand. Yes the p*** industry is exploitative and destructive to people's lives physically emotionally spiritually anyway you look at it. That's part of my struggle is I recognize with a sensitive part of me all of the things I just said, but I fight with this self-serving monster Within Me too. Same way with things that happen in online situations. I'm 64 years old but this struggle feels as new to me today as it was 40 years ago. I like your tone, attitude, perspective yes it lands some accountability which is what I believe is needed. The Owen business was a voice to text mistake, I have a distinctive accent that the voice program doesn't always pick up well. But yes, the issue is that bad things have happened again.

CatDaddy60 OP July 4th

@Helgafy also, to answer a question I believe you posted somewhere, is that I'm part of the United Methodist church, and as it relates to lgbtq inclusiveness, I believe in your Lutheran tradition there was an actual split in the church over the issue. We in the UMC did not split in a way to create two separate denominations, but more or less fragmented with churches and people going different directions, I'm still part of the UMC which is proceeding on the Progressive path.

Helgafy July 4th

@CatDaddy60
The Lutheran Church is the main church in Norway. We have a bishop (who is homosexual) and also woman priest who are married to another woman (as your daughter). A few years ago it was seperated from the state, but the state still give wages to the churches.

CatDaddy60 OP July 4th

@Helgafy I appreciate your advocacy for tiny, I think she is an amazing person and have no intention of harming her. Her sincerity and hospitality has been something that has stepped along with me being as open as a have been. I appreciate your outlook and support.

Helgafy July 4th

@CatDaddy60

lol - maybe it's the mother-love (I have no children of my own!) trying to protect Tiny from all harm - lol. But she's a big girl so she can look after herself also. I pray for her each day. What I want for her now (sorry Tiny - talking about you here!) is that more of her fear can go away so that her careers can take her away from the home where she's living to see towns, people, landscape and everything that's out there. She was held inside a house all those years in the US. 

CatDaddy60 OP July 4th

@Helgafy, would you happen to be a Listener?  I could use an accountability partner right now. I know you can see through BS and speak truth. 

Helgafy July 5th

@CatDaddy60

Hi.

No, I'm not a listener and I'm not qualified to help you with your issues.

CatDaddy60 OP July 5th

Yes I understand and I didn't mean to imply I could impose myself upon you. Nonetheless what you're doing here in these interactions is very helpful and appreciated.

Helgafy July 5th

@CatDaddy60
@Tinywhisper11

Hi cat and Tiny.

3 fine verses from the Bible for us today:

Exodus 14:14 NLT "

The LORD himself will fight for you. Just stay calm.”

Philippians 3.13: "but this one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to
what lies ahead"
CatDaddy60 OP July 5th

Thank you helga, this one was in the devotion for today in The Upper Uoom:

Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you

Ephesians 4:32 (NIV)

The part that isn't in there, which is the part I'm struggling with is to forgive myself. I'm getting better at that. Nonetheless, for those that I have struggled to forgive I'm trying to get better at as well. All parts of the healing that has to go on.

Tinywhisper11 July 5th

@CatDaddy60 fogivness towards our selves and others is very hard. Mixed up with the emotions of shame and self blame, forgivness towards myself is what I need to learn. Maybe oneday ❤

Helgafy July 5th

@CatDaddy60

Yes - many persons here at 7Cups have trouble in forgiving themselves and others. I can understand that if the world has been very hard for/with them. But we're all are loved by God/Jesus Christ. He bore the punishment of our sins on himself on the cross so that we can be free from guilt, shame and love ourselves.. So we're united with the Holy one.

Tinywhisper11 July 5th

@Helgafy thanks helgafy ❤ those bible quotes made me smile🙂❤ and I'm always striving to move forward. It's not easy but I have God in my corner ❤ and I have you ❤❤