Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 Cups Academy's AI Policy

Hope March 26th

Hi everyone! I hope you are doing well. The world is forever changing and as humans, we must adapt. Every few years something new completely changes how we work or do certain tasks.

As you know, AI has become more and more common for people to get help learning new topics, getting all sorts of information, and getting work done. I am glad that learning has become easier and that there is additional help available to the average internet user. @Heather225 talked about AI’s use recently, you can read that post here. 

Like with most tools, we can misuse AI tools and cheat ourselves out of necessary skills or knowledge. To ensure our interns/trainees are benefitting from the program and course content, the academy ambassadors and I have discussed and come up with the following policy. 

Trainees/Interns are welcome to use AI tools to help them understand the content and they are also welcome to use AI tools to support their content development. However, it is not okay to copy/paste AI content without any effort to adapt or update it to reflect their view. The following are some examples of what you can and can not do, these are just some examples. The policy is not limited to these examples. This policy applies to all academy programs and courses. 

Some ways in which you may use AI:

• Ask an AI model to explain a coursework topic to you
  • Ask AI to expand on a course/program task to aid your understanding of it
  • Ask AI for more information on a certain topic covered in a course/program
  • Ask AI for topics to write about if you are a trainee in programs like CDM or using a forum post elective
  • Ask AI to help you strengthen your answers to a program’s coursework
  • Ask AI to help you manage your time, your workload etc

What you should not do

• Copy/paste AI answers as a response to forum discussion posts as your own
  • Submit AI-generated forum posts as your own as part of coursework. 

If we suspect AI use, we will confirm it using AI checking tools and you will be asked to redo the content/coursework where AI misuse is suspected. 

Much needed, thanks for sharing!

Heather225 March 26th

Thanks, Academy team!

FeureVox March 26th

@Hope Thank you for sharing the norms and ethics of AI usage.

IMHO, another section must be on using AI to enhance your knowledge and writing capabilities.

I am not an author and have never been a good writer. But I believe the 7cups community has many excellent writers and scholars who can guide the newbies and others who depend more on AI or GPTs.

Suryansh May 26th

@FeureVox

That's a wonderful idea, Feure! Thank you for sharing it with us 💜 I'm tagging some admins who could be of great help here: @Hope @SoulFullyAButterfly @Heather225

KatePersephone March 27th

@Hope thank you for this, Hope!