Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tea & Cake β€” Forum display controls

RarelyCharlie December 6th, 2022

_1670342183.cake-128.png

This feature prevents the forum from automatically resetting the way forum threads are displayed. For example, if you choose Recent, then it does not reset until you yourself change it.

The forum pages where this feature operates comprise the Community Home page and the 30 or more community pages, which all display lists of forum threads.

There are three display controls:

• the display order (Popular / Highlights / Recent / Needs reply / Top),
  • an Expand / Collapse setting, and
  • a topic filter.

(The Community Home page does not have Highlights or a topic filter.)

Topic filters only apply within a community. If you choose a topic filter, then the next time you visit that community you see the same topic filter.

In addition, this feature provides working URLs for the display order, allowing you to bookmark them. Do not share these URLs as links, because until 7 Cups fixes its bug (a timing issue) they will only work for people who have Tea & Cake.

To enable Tea & Cake in your web browser, first you must have Tampermonkey installed. Most desktop and laptop browsers can install Tampermonkey, and also some on Android (for example, Kiwi). But apps and Apple iOS devices do not support it.

Next, install the Tea & Cake script or update it to at least version 3. (If Tampermonkey is working, you should see a green Install button there.)

Then go to your Listener Settings or Member Settings page, and check the box "Forum display controls". This setting autosaves, unlike the rest of that page.

To provide feedback on this feature, please reply in this forum thread or message me.

innateJoy9602 December 6th, 2022

@RarelyCharlie

I adore the name. It goes so well.

It seems like a really cool feature as well. Thanks Charlie!πŸ’œ

MistyMagic December 10th, 2022

@RarelyCharlie so far so good, I love this feature it really saves time, thanks Charlie!

@EmotionsListener

Listening - One Step At A Time!