Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What does mindfulness feel like?

RumpleSteeleSkin November 5th, 2017

Image result for what does mindfulness feel like?

@blueocean @BillyWilson @babybenfin @behindhazeleyes @billywilson @BlueberryFriend @blueocean45 @borderinline @BuddhistDracula @blueDiamond @brilliomturtle89 @bluewolf1229 @benevolentOrange31 @callforhelp @char1otte @CrissiArabela @Claito @calmHero86 @courtmarievibes @compassion4you14 @DarkCoffee @diplomaticShade2167 @Deeperblue @enigmaforte @EnigmaForte @emilyLanes @EmunahHere @EastAfrique @Eccho@Evaparker02 @essdee Fairhouse @FreeSoul1417@fighter23 @Gaara @GhostInTheShellx @Gozzil @happydandan @helpfulHuman4993 @helping2findaway @Harleemoon @Hereyzzil @hopeless104 @InvisibleAngel92 @Itsybitsyspider91 @inventiveOrange1 @joyoussun45 @kindsoul10 @kristenPLPCCRC @kirtokun0731@kevan @Kodachrome73 Joe2017 @JustLikeMellie @Jenna0903 @joyoussun47 @JenSee @KatMae @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn @kvo8 @KattPiper @Lionellinu13 @lia345 @Learntolive @LilaGrace @lightforlife @lilynoelle @LilyLila @lightofhope89 @Lovejoy @leothelittlelioncub1 @melliotm @Mikey123 @Musicismyfriend @NoDramaBabyLlama @nourrirvotreame @obie2 @oxfordshiregatsby @passionatepeyton @Pat @penguinpower31 @peppermintlove @PiecesofYou @Pininin @PinkMallow @pizzalover1341 @politeAvocado7234 @politelychaotic @princessofcurcus @probius @psalm139 @PurpleSnowflake2310 @politeskies6536 @rachelq @resilience @rumplesteeleskin @rosesway @Rcusick12 @sailorelix @saif1for1 @Saltydog68 @ Samar27 @santysan @sensitiveShade5337 @silverWillow1625 @singblue @smileyPower @Softforesthsp77 @soulrestorer102 @soulsings @Spearstar @sujaypai @SunFern @SunFlower @sweetmango91 @summertimesamness @stillLavender24 @tazcares @tjb28 @tisjme @unicornbunny @victoriia @wildcat85 @Wawas @XxOgSpunBbygrl @yogibear10 @yzxil @zeraphim

soulsings November 6th, 2017

@RumpleSteeleSkin mindfulness is not a thing so it does not feel like anything to me. It is like the lake is covered by ripples and waves and then suddenly becomes still and mirror like. That mirror like stillness is mindfulness for me. It may only last a second and the waves may start but that split second renews my sense of a mindful self

RumpleSteeleSkin OP November 6th, 2017

@soulsings

Wow Souls that sounds poetic- but also peaceful, like mindfulness. Thank you for sharing thisyes

soulsings November 6th, 2017

@RumpleSteeleSkin you are welcome

amiablePeace77 November 9th, 2017

@soulsings

wonderful

ASilentObserver November 7th, 2017

Mindfulness is like checking yourself in mirror that how you looking and take steps to groom yourself in a better way?

RumpleSteeleSkin OP November 7th, 2017

@ASilentObserver

Wow Silence I so do like that answeryesheartsmiley

CoinFountain November 7th, 2017

I'm one of the people that sometimes feels tingly sensations with ASMR and sometimes while listening to a mindfulness guide if the voice isn't one that I find annoying. Some accents I like better than others and if it's too whispery it distracts too much from the experience.

RumpleSteeleSkin OP November 8th, 2017

@CoinFountain

Hello Coin thank you for sharing heresmiley I am with you on the voice of the person doing the mindfulness exercise. I can not whats so ever get my mind/body to calm and know this is ok. I am finding once in awhile to sit and listen to the exercise even though my body is uncomfortable to practice and be with a bit uncomfortableness and nothing happened to me. In time we all cando thisheart

peppermintlove November 7th, 2017

it feels absolutely wonderful :)

to be able to be aware of the present moment and just take a moment to release and relax... immensely satisfying

RumpleSteeleSkin OP November 9th, 2017

@peppermintlove

Wow there Peppermint I like your sharings- thank you!heart

November 7th, 2017

New to Mindfulness, I have not yet been able to grasp it yet. I seem numb to it, Maybe as I keep practicing I'll be able to express it as well and elegantly as others have described Mindfulness.indecision

soulsings November 8th, 2017

@scarletPear1945 welcome to mindfulness community. Actually being able to talk about it is optional. What matters is when the thought train comes by you do not jump on it. You can follow your breath or notice the things your senses notice or label thoughts. Then you realize you are not your thoughts. Sessions really help if you can find time in your schedule.

Mindfulness Session Schedule

https://www.7cups.com/forum/MindfulnessSupportCommunity_106/TeamAnnouncements_1365

and select thread marked "Mindfulness Session Schedule"

November 9th, 2017

@soulsings

Thank you, laughI will catch the training

November 10th, 2017

@soulsings

I tried to come to the Training tonight. But I am older and I don't understand or know how to be in a group all the dialog confuses me. I am lost in really knowing how and when to jump in. It's not your fault. I am just not computer savvy. But I thank you so much for trying to help me.

My Therapist is helping me to understand Mindfulness. Looking forward to accomplishing my Mindfulness.smiley

@scarletPear1945

Scarlet welcome to Mindfulness Subcommunitysmiley It really is ok to feel numb- don't rush it. It will take time to get used to as of anything new we learn in life. One small step at a time. Also great links shared in here and wonderful people you can talk with on this.

amiablePeace77 November 9th, 2017

to me mindfulness feels like getting to know myself and what is around me, learning to live and not to exist only

soulsings November 9th, 2017

@amiablePeace77 I like that thought about what mindfulness is! Thanks for sharing.

November 9th, 2017

Yesterday I really did not understand Mindfulness but my Therapist referred me to a website that helped me understand. Still, don't know what it feels like but I will soon with a lot of practicelaugh

@scarletPear1945

Scarlet take a look at these- they might help a bit bettersmiley

https://youtu.be/w6T02g5hnT4

https://youtu.be/vzKryaN44ss

https://youtu.be/mjtfyuTTQFY

All of these are only a few minutes

Zeraphim November 9th, 2017

The mindfulness attitude could be described as curious, open-minded, spacious, and accepting. The non-judgement part allows for any fear of judgement or invalidation to be replaced with the freedom to explore and become aware of one's experience as it really is, in that moment; without magnifying or suppressing anything. It's useful because, when it feels emotionally safe to look at one's experience honestly, one can gain awareness and with it, insight. Patterns in thinking, worrying, emotions, and behaviours can begin to emerge. And with the awareness of such patterns, the ability to begin addressing and changing whichever patterns are hindering us in our lives.

@Zeraphim

Hi Zeraphim thank you for sharing your thoughts on this questionsmiley I do like how you focused on the "attitude" part of mindfulness as well as the nonjudgemental part too. Those are very important starter points in learning mindfulness. Our attitude and judgement determins how far we get in our open minddenness in learning these skills. Wow and how you described the patterns in our worrying, emotions and behaviors is great. You are spot on - on how mindfulness feels to you. Love it!!!!

beloved316 November 9th, 2017

I tried it for the first time yesterday (or was it the other day, I can't recall - I've been losing sleep)... I tried the mindfulness exercise for the first time here in 7cups - there's this audio which is more like a breathing exercise - and the relief I felt was almost instant. It feels calming to the nerves and made me feel more attuned to my body - from the roots of my hair down to the tips of my toes.

I should do it more often. It helps me cope with my depression better.

Mindfulness feels like being submerged in water. If you've tried snorkeling, that's how it felt like for me..imagine being submerged and swimming in the cool ocean, hearing your breathing and the sound of the bubbles coming out of your snorkel.. you swim with the fishes and feel the calming current in your hands and feet... body so light..

oh darn.. I need vitamin sea..

@beloved316

HI Beloved- wow congrats on trying mindfulness and it turning out goodsmileyyes You must have really been relaxed and calm when trying this as you felt instant relief. I do hope this continues as you continue practicing!

@RumpleSteeleSkin thank you so much! i was skeptic at first but it worked so I'm going to try it again..