Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

World Mental Health Day 2022: Make mental health a global priority for all! ๐ŸŒŽ

October 10th, 2022

gTmAuAOebuZrrlYwGjKdeLns7PVD6ZLQlm2UlRids9S8r2WGff77VWderR51OaLCwUW8JKHaQbMaEuumWACWMU8YeuuiDMkavbiH-vFE28Xs6NdCsyT9Y6ZtNYCG5uKFfLKJ6K_N9IiR-_kvjxVyskNnLiwISXgwVVv1l9zgYcuy9_uShI2WxxARfw

[Banner indicating: World Mental Health Day 2022 and today's date]

Happy World Mental Health Day!

World Mental Health Day is celebrated to raise awareness of mental health issues, reduce associated stigma, and encourage individuals, workplaces, and institutions to prioritize mental health on this day. You may wonder how a single day can make any difference at all, but it does. In today's world, mental health is more important than ever, and we have the tremendous advantage of unlimited knowledge and resources to recognize that it impacts every aspect of our lives. Today, mental health is just as important as physical health. By raising awareness about mental health, we can help destigmatize the way we think about it and acknowledge the mental health issues that already exist in our society. By celebrating this day, we also raise awareness of the signs and symptoms of certain illnesses by making others aware of them. Therefore, early intervention is essential for the successful treatment of many mental illnesses. In addition, raising awareness would take away the fear that seeking help is a bad idea, and more people would have the confidence to seek help when they actually need it

About Mental Health Day:

๐Ÿง˜World Mental Health Day was first observed in 1992 by an organization called the World Federation for Mental Health.

๐Ÿง˜Since 2013, the World Health Organization (WHO) has organized a global campaign for World Mental Health Day, which takes place every year on October 10.

๐Ÿง˜This year, the World Federation for Mental Health (WFMH) announced the theme "Make Mental Health a Global Priority for All."

Some ways you can spend your mental health day:

Do breathing exercises

Meditate

Cuddle with a pet

Practice gratitude

Communicate with a supportive person

Do relaxation exercises

Immerse yourself in a creative outlet

Keep a journal

Be fully in the moment with one of your senses

Express your feelings to someone you trust

Go for a walk

Listen to music

Treat yourself to a massage

Squeeze a stress ball

Be alone

Get organized

Laugh

Do some yoga

Donate to a mental health organization

Get some sunlight

Practice forgiveness

Smile

Relax in a warm bath

qDY0PLHVQTIWq4Lqft8fLzNiDyVeX18qBG8op_X_OC5A4gIW7Y8y2ss8xjZ5y326WJiYvUKAuLZZdPapOA-IYBJmer-vvzMxR5OIfjKqtEId2vYcyyx1beDgCOKKFcdg6I06uxXSSFOwGMpP-g8F52GEPfXB1ScNzA1iZDLcbtc_Ldu6RV50XxkkFg

[9 beautiful sayings that remind us that it's okay to feel the way we feel, and that we should be kind to ourselves]

Questions:

๐ŸŒผHow important is mental health to you?

๐ŸŒผHow would you celebrate mental health day?

๐ŸŒผWhat is your favorite self-care routine?

๐ŸŒผDescribe how you're feeling right now with a drawing, song, movie dialogue, or meme.

๐ŸŒผShare a quote about mental health or something that inspires you

Sources:

1. World Mental Health Day 2022 "Make mental health for all a global priority"

2. Mental Health Awareness: The Ultimate Guide [2022]

3. About Mental Health

4. What Is Mental Health?

5.31 Tips to Boost Your Mental Health

Tags:

@Aileen1114117 @Aliceiin3rdwonderland @BlueRiver5968 @ChildGoddessFlute @EmotionsListener @enigmaticsmile321 @FallandWinterPlease00 @Fristo @HealingTalk @Helpingheart23 @hiraxx @jujubears @LadyOrgasma @Lou73 @Meifeng @Merliah001 @MistyMagic @NicholasW @Paprika001 @SmileSravani @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sweetrosa1987 @thandocilo @theboymoana @WarmLightXO @WorriedMagpie

Feedback & Ideas Form, Share your ideas! here If youโ€™re interested in joining the Hobby Zone team, apply here. We would love to have you on the team! Please feel free to check out our featured thread for a fun activity! here Check this post if you want to be added to the tag list! here

Overthinker13579TU October 10th, 2022

world-mental-health-day-mental-health-awareness.gif

October 10th, 2022

@Overthinker13579TU

๐Ÿฅณ

global-health-world-health-day.gif

EmotionsListener October 10th, 2022

@Helpingheart23

Thank you for this important reminder about mental health!

Mental health is extremely important to me, living with and managing my mental health issues is an important part of each day for me. If I want to stay functioning and coping, it's all about maintenance for me!

This year it seems I'll be celebrating mental health day by giving thanks since it falls on Canadian Thanksgiving! :D Although I'm more of the "every day should be mental health day" sort.

I'm actually not good at what is typically considered 'routine' - so my self-care is more ad hoc, adapting to what I need and what I'm able to do at that time. So I guess my 'routine' is listening to myself, checking in with myself and learning how to mix self-care into almost everything I do.

๐ŸŒผDescribe how you're feeling right now with a drawing, song, movie dialogue, or meme.

Probably be belting out some "Richard Marx - Right Here Waiting" - Long distance relationships and holidays get me wishing she were here with me.

๐ŸŒผShare a quote about mental health or something that inspires you.

I think I like this one today:

"Mental healthโ€ฆis not a destination, but a process. Itโ€™s about how you drive, not where youโ€™re going." โ€” Noam Shpancer, PhD

You found a cat, but shh... don't tell where I am!
FZ12QuTtWMpoxH2bxCwYoWvfX7A091N-cLiVg-kzRGi2PwrKRT5xbgFXzkafp0opBOhLJIyXixt5idOcEAAUukVFbOW694Boa5km9yRmx9fhEurugzIA9xM4i45tTWeDRoOw6QouKH3MPYNk5VPz4k00IXb2uySM6Ev0rrXREzH_A5xScs4HRsV6AQ [Image consists of a black cat wearing a collar with a Y]

October 16th, 2022

@EmotionsListener

I totally agree with the part where you mention that every day should be a mental health day, taking care of yourself, and staying functional๐Ÿ’ฏ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ I also like your take on self-care, which is more ad hoc and adapts to what one needs and what one can do at that time. ๐Ÿ‘ŒAlso, the choice of song fits well with your situation, and I wish you two lovebirds all the best.๐Ÿ‘ฉโ€โค๏ธโ€๐Ÿ‘ฉAnd finally, the quote you just shared is my personal favorite ๐Ÿ˜ Mental health is indeed a process, not a destination! Thanks for sharing.๐Ÿ’›

comfortableIris2754 October 10th, 2022

@Helpingheart23

โ€œPromise me youโ€™ll always remember โ€” youโ€™re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.โ€ โ€” Christopher Robin from Winnie the Pooh

October 10th, 2022

@comfortableIris2754

Thank you for sharing this absolutely valuable quote ๐Ÿ‘Œ๐Ÿ˜Š

MistyMagic October 10th, 2022

@Helpingheart23 Wonderful post! thanks for creating this for us all!

Very! I think it is something that everyone has to take responsibility for, in ourself and in others too as what we do and say can impact greatly on those around us.

Adding to my Hobby Journal

Taking time to sit in the sun and meditate, think over things and also a simple one, using handcream and massaging my fingers and hand.

th?id=OIP.O4e4FqNiowcDJll2dlbo4AHaLH&pid=Api&P=0 Teamwork!

๐ŸŒผShare a quote about mental health or something that inspires you

Prepare for the worst and hope for the best!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

October 10th, 2022

@MistyMagic

๐Ÿ’›

stuart-bob.gif

Thank you, Misty ๐Ÿ˜Š

I couldn't agree more with the part where you mention that everyone needs to take responsibility for themselves and for others, because what we do and say can have a big impact on those around us.

By the way, the self-care activities you listed are really good, and writing things down in your journal is a wonderful way to celebrate World Mental Health Day ๐Ÿ‘

MistyMagic October 10th, 2022

@Helpingheart23 Thanks and I love that minions gif yayyyy!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

October 16th, 2022

@MistyMagic

cat-i-love-you.gif