Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Warm Welcome Everyone! #ByeByeClique #Challenge

ASilentObserver February 14th, 2021

Hi everyone,

I hope you are doing well. A couple of weeks ago, we rolled out a Community Improvement Survey. We reviewed the responses and took into consideration possible steps to problem solve all you shared with us one by one. One of them is Cliques in the Chatroom! As per the survey, 31% reported it as a concern in member chat rooms and 22% in the listener chat rooms. It indicates that many members and listeners do not feel comfortable participating in the chat rooms because cliques make it hard for them to join, connect & participate.

We have many insightful posts on how to deal with cliques effectively in the community. Here is one for reference: Click here to read! (Accessible to listeners only) However, actions speak louder than words. So, to address it community-wide, we are initiating a campaign - #ByeByeCliques

How does this campaign work?

All you need to do as a member or a listener or a leader is say no to cliques. No matter what area you are participating in the community, take steps to make other members or listeners feel welcomed and warmly greeted to make them feel at home.

Let’s say if you are in the chat rooms, regardless of what room you are in, greet, welcome, and break the ice.

• If the user is new, you can share this welcoming resource with them. Link of the welcome pack
  • If the user is existing, ask them how is everything going on for them;

And make them feel welcomed and included. Your one small step could make a difference.

Challenge: Welcome & greet at least 7 users a day (which would be almost 200 users a month!). To record your progress, you can use this short form on a daily or weekly basis!

At the end of the month, we will celebrate our wins together and all who welcomed more or equal to 200 users will be awarded the “All for One” badge that reflects good teamwork. To put an end to cliques and clique mindsets, we need your teamwork.

To show your support, please use the hashtag #ByeByeCliques in your profile bio and link this post to share this challenge with everyone. As well as tag 3 users you may know in this post to invite them to take part.

Let’s take this challenge collectively and eliminate unhealthy cliques from the community. Reminder: We are an inclusive community and encourage everyone to be part of this family.

If you accept the challenge, please reply with #ByeByeCliques in the comments. If you have any questions, thoughts, suggestions, please do share!

(Sunisshiningandsoareyou updated the link to the post rreferring to cliques, 9/25/22)

Rebekah February 14th, 2021

#ByeByeCliques! I think this is a brilliant campaign to help our new (and even are older more experienced) listeners 🌞

calmHero6943 February 14th, 2021

@RebekahRoyal

calmHero6943 February 14th, 2021

@RebekahRoyal I agree completely!

SnailPurple February 14th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

I love this idea! Do we only greet people in the chatrooms for this challenge, or can listeners welcome new members on the New Members tab?

#ByeByeCliques

Dino12 February 14th, 2021

#ByeByeCliques

SnailPurple February 14th, 2021

Tagging @SummerBreeze00 @lovelyParadise7651 @JaimieF

KatieTheWingedOne February 14th, 2021

@ASilentObserver Thankyou for this awesome post and amazing idea, i think its an incredible thing and would help a lot with participation and comfortability!

#ByeByeCliques

​My tags: @MishiS @BrightHeart116 @CateGrace ​​​​​

February 14th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

#ByeByeCliques

Tags: @emmaishereforyou88 @fairyava @kieran000

Kieran000 February 14th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

#ByeByeCliques

Great Post!

Tags - @mxmes @Azalea98 @emmaishereforyou88

February 14th, 2021

#ByeByeCliques Im in, this is a great campaign!

Ramiluz1 February 14th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

#ByeByeCliques This is a fantastic idea! :) Great well to welcome people into the community.

wontwakewontsleep February 14th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

The link you posted which referenced a previous discussion shows as "item removed" to me ):

Ramiluz1 February 14th, 2021

@wontwakewontsleep

for me as well:(

EmmaE February 14th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

#ByeByeCliques

awesome post! i love this and i hope it'll help make our chatrooms more welcoming! :)

cuteOrange213 February 15th, 2021

#ByeByeCliques

CupidtheKingofLove February 15th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Lovely idea I support it 😊

tagging @unique73 @ayushi05 @DonaldDraper.

February 18th, 2021

@CupidtheKingofLove cheeky I was going to tag you but seems like you're already par-taking in this challenge.

starryskies108 February 15th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

#ByeByeCliques , an awesome step forward in the right direction!

lyricalAngel70 February 15th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

#ByeByeCliques

sia1325 February 16th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

#ByeByeCliques

February 16th, 2021

@ASilentObserver I also think that the new adult listeners, especially teen turned adult listeners should also have some badge similar to newbie

February 16th, 2021

(cont.) badge similar to newbie badge (which stays for a month) for teen turned adult listeners , which will help others to welcome them and make those newly turned adult listeners included in rooms. Personally when I got into adult side my experience was completely changed and had a hard time accepting new mates.

Emily328 February 16th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

#ByeByeCliques

chaselee16 February 17th, 2021

agree

MadHatter77 February 27th, 2022

#ByeByeCliques

ASilentObserver OP March 7th, 2022

@MadHatter77 yay Mad! Agreed! byebye to cliques and welcome to everyone! We are in this together

tidyHickory3283 October 27th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

#ByeByeCliques

This is a great initiative taken! 😀

YourCaringConfidant January 21st, 2023

#ByeByeCliques I just say hi to everyone and everybody. :) 👋

Gettingbettertoday March 9th, 2023

I am not sure welcoming people will be enough to get them to participate.

I am often welcomed when i come into a room, yet after months i don't feel any connection to anyone or anything here. I feel lost in the crowd. Sure people see me and occasionally talk directly to me but not with anything but the most casual of interaction, not unlike the barista that hands me my coffee; Polite, Friendly but not my friend.

SirenOfSerenity April 9th, 2023

Bumping for visibility 🩷