Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Open Letter from the Group Support Team!

ASilentObserver January 27th, 2020

Hello all,

I am excited to introduce our weekly open letter from the Group Support Team. In this open letter, I will be sharing what we did in the past week and what are we doing and sharing some of the things that came up in our scheduled weekly group support chat.

But first I want to acknowledge that I am grateful to the entire community and everyone in this community. Because you are the one who is responsible for the change.

It reminds me that progress is never smooth. It is messy and complicated. It is a rollercoaster ride. But still, there are many who start their day with the hope they will learn something, achieve something and make it better than yesterday. You know it takes a lot of courage and thoughts to be patient while one is making efforts to progress. They look into the eyes of time and questions that will make things better. What could be done? And, they strive to improve.

And, you can clearly see this in everyone who is part of this community whether a person reaching out to seek support or the one who is here with a thought to care and support.

Key Updates- (All texts in blue color are hyperlinked)

• Some of our community members were appreciated for their good work in the chat rooms. You can send your appreciation and high fives to these wonderful people here!!
  • We compiled some of the frequently asked questions for the group support here!!
  • We are going to update our chatroom guidelines to ensure we have cleared guidelines to keep listener and member chat rooms moderated and safe for all. Please read more about it here!!

• We have more support in the community. We have some new group support leaders. To know who they are and their roles, check this post!!
  • We resuming our Group Mod Meetings like we have weekly group support chat with the community.
  • Our community moderators and discussion leaders regularly host discussions every day in different rooms. So, I ask you all to check the Community Calendar. These discussions are for you.
  • You can also check our weekly community moderator schedule here! It also shows the schedule for the rotational rooms under One Room/ 24 Hours Trial.
  • Our rooms are badge locked. So, if you are unable to see rooms and do not know what to do, read this post.
  • Also, I will be opening ASilentObservers Office more during this week to connect with you all on random times. So if you see the room open, feel free to drop by and say Hello and chat! I would love to connect with everyone. It reminds me to clarify what is ASilentObservers Office. It is the space in the group support rooms where you can join the Group Support Manager and share your concerns, ideas, suggestions and anything in between. The purpose of this room is to bridge the communication gap between the community and me.

In short, we are aware of all the pain points you are experiencing and we are making all the efforts to fix it. We do need to fix many GS related issues and a lot of other issues as well.

While we do this, you are the key players. We need your help, support, and patience. So, I request you all to do a few things while we make improvements.

• Inform and share the recent updates with anyone in the community who is unaware of it. It will help them stay updated with what we are on.
  • I ask everyone in the chat rooms to not engage in flirting behavior with any user even if it is just a light-hearted way. It might be uncomfortable for many. Do not engage in any sort of argument or have unsupported behavior. Please read the chatroom guidelines.
  • Use the chat rooms as per their purpose. And if any room gets crowded and not fitting in, you can use other rooms which might be slow or empty. Please stay on the topic of the room.
  • All listeners stay professional during your stay in the rooms as a listener. If you need personal support, switch to your member account.

I hope you will all hang in with us while we work to improve. Please send feedback about any specific experience whether they are related to the Group Support, Forums, Community or anything in between. You can send feedback here! Thank you for your patience!!

For more Group Support Updates, check and bookmark this thread!!

lyricalAngel70 January 27th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you for updating all of us! ❤

thoughtfulWalker7073 January 28th, 2020

@lyricalAngel70 I agree I like it here !

lyricalAngel70 January 28th, 2020

@thoughtfulWalker7073

Hey Walker,

Likewise. ❤

kindStrings3073 January 27th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thankyou for all you and the team do 🤗

plushSpring72 January 28th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thanks !!!

caringPanda45 January 29th, 2020

@ASilentObserver thanks

EarsToYou January 31st, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you!

parisayano January 27th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Gracey January 27th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you for keeping us all up to date with these important changes

Goldcherry2113 January 27th, 2020

Thank you for the update and letting us know! Keep up the great work

GlenM January 27th, 2020

Excellent update Obs! Thank you for being a strong leader and working with our community in such an empowering manner. Much appreciated!

Nefertariii January 27th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thankyou for the update! 😊

gayle3655 January 27th, 2020

@ASilentObserver thank you for the update :-)

Hope January 27th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thanks for the update Obs! Love that everything is linked under one post

Heather225 January 27th, 2020

thanks for the update, Obs!!!

amiablePeace77 January 27th, 2020

thank for all the information.

compassionateTree4567 January 28th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

THANKS OBS

YOUR the best

artemisbenabese January 28th, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Thank you for this update. I appreciate it.

selfconfidentTangerine1778 January 28th, 2020

Thank you for letting me know

missonyinye16 January 28th, 2020

Hello. I'm Onyinye and I just became a listener today and I absolutely love the app. I think being a listener helps to show people that they're not alone and it's really nice. I'm glad to be here, nice to meet you all😊

Dreamer3240 January 29th, 2020

@AslientObserver

Thank you for letting us know!

CleverPinky12 February 1st, 2020

@ASilentObserver Thank you for the update☺

enigmaticJet79 February 1st, 2020

@ASilentObserver

Could you clarify what you mean by flirtatious behaivior?

"I ask everyone in the chat rooms to not engage in flirting behavior with any user even if it is just a light-hearted way. It might be uncomfortable for many."

I often call people "dear" and frequently use the built in heart emojis and just wanted to clarify if this behavior is alright.