Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 Cups Academy: The Group Support Program (OUTDATED)

Hope October 10th, 2022

This program has been converted into the Group Dynamics Course. You can find the course here. 

The 7 Cups Academy is a tuition-free institution that trains members, listeners, and researchers to develop skills and better care for our community. These are professional skills that are of great use even outside 7 Cups. We believe in practice-driven learning and all of our courses have in-field experience at the core.

This program is part of our academy! The 7 Cups Academy has had 1308 graduates and currently has 404 enrolled trainees

Why choose 7 Cups Academy?

• All of our programs are completely free

• 1-1 mentor support to help you graduate

• You choose your program duration and can seek extensions

• Our programs focus on hands-on practical training

• The programs offer training in sought-after professional skills

• You will be provided with a certificate and a badge upon successful completion

• You will train among a group of like-minded individuals who you can learn from

• It is a great way to work towards a 7 Cups role. Academy graduates gain relevant experience that makes them good candidates for 7 Cups roles within that focus.

• All graduates (from any of the academy programs) can request a letter of recommendation

• We provide 7 Cups work verifications, references for school/university/work applications

• Not only will we provide you with valuable training, we can also verify your work experience if needed.

Now let's talk about GSP!

It focuses on the communication and behavior of individuals within group structures. The theoretical and practical knowledge are used to explore the stages of group development, decision-making techniques, group dynamics, group problem and solving, group leadership skills, cultural sensitivity, norms, and interpersonal dynamics within groups.

What does the GSP Program offer?

• In-depth learning of the components of group communication

• Focused content on navigating diversity among group participants

• Detecting group-based problems and presenting appropriate solutions

Key content learned in the program:

• Components of a group

• Therapeutic factors involved in group settings

• Factors of group development

• Ethical, cultural, and group management issues

• Diversity among members of the group

• Practicing learned knowledge in group settings

The program is best suited for:

• Users interested in improving their group communication skills

• Users interested in joining group leadership roles at 7 Cups

• Users who enjoy participating in groups
  • Users interested in gaining more confidence in group settings

• Users looking to expand their knowledge of diversity and cultural acceptance

• Users who are already active in group rooms but want more structure to their participation

Requirements to join for LISTENERS

Have the following badges:

• Loyal Friend (at least 1 approved review)

• Open Door (At least 5 1-1 chats, one chat is 30 messages exchanged)

• Listener Oath

Requirements to join for MEMBERs

• Have a “Chief Chat” badge (Completing 1 chat with a listener, 30 messages exchanged)

• Have an “Honest Voice” badge (Leaving one review for a listener)

📢Listeners and members can both apply here

Please note that we have limited seats available each week so if you are interested in doing the program, send in your application as soon as possible.

Wondering much time it takes? 4 hours per week on average for a minimum of 6 weeks (more if you choose more). It is self-paced

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 10th, 2022

*encourages everyone interested and intrigued by group support to apply* ❤

shyCat542 February 13th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou your words are helpful and inspiring

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 13th, 2023

Aw that's so sweet of you, @shyCat542, sending love your way!💛

TU100OT December 4th, 2022

@Hope

Just saw this post, will take some time to read it and as @Sunisshiningandsoareyou says.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 4th, 2022

@TU100OT Haha. Take your time and good luck!🌻

TU100OT February 15th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you Sun <3

GoldenNest2727 January 8th, 2023

@TU100OT

You would be absolutely perfect for this course! You're already fantastic in the chatrooms, but this course would up your game. I think you'd be a natural fit.

TU100OT February 15th, 2023

@GoldenNest2727

Thank you Nest for encouraging, I will try :)

lyricalAngel70 December 10th, 2022

That's gonna be the next thing on my to-do list after QLP!

@Hope

CallumKing2000 December 28th, 2022

7cups group chat are as tasty as a burger and fries 🍔🍟

GoldenNest2727 January 8th, 2023

@Kingburger23

You should take the program! You're already a skilled host when it comes to trivia and games, this course would benefit you tremendously. Sometimes it's tough hosting when people are chatting off-topic or ignoring the rules, and this course touches on how to handle that.

CallumKing2000 January 10th, 2023

Maybe 1 day, and you are right in what u say I can keep on and off topic chats I guess Maybe it's the way I am sometimes but I'll sure think about it and stuff I appreciate this and u tagging me always greatful to be tagged

purpleSea7109 January 25th, 2023

Is it free and get certificate and how do I get the certificate. How do I join and do application form? Do I need user identification. How do you know that i been on the programme. I am not good at form filling but do try.Xx

Thank you very much 7 cups of tea and the team and I am here for everyone too.Xx I am just a click away.Xx

Help me join and fill up the form please thanks for your help and support everyone and the team. Xx

Hope OP January 25th, 2023

@purpleSea7109

Thank you for your interest. Please click here to view the form

BenittaJ February 1st, 2023

@Hope

I applied 🤞. I hope you will guide me if needed .

lyricalAngel70 February 16th, 2023
Thank you!! @Hope
purpleSea7109 March 9th, 2023

Thank you.Xx

beck1 March 27th, 2023

@Hope Today was the first day of my QLP training but I definitely would like to do this one too

Jupiterbeingahuman June 17th, 2023

@Hope I would like to apply is that’s still possible:)

heathermarie95 August 31st, 2023

@Hope

Is there a syllabus I can review before applying?

Merliah001 November 29th, 2023

@Cancun