Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

ED Community Weekly Forum Discussions

Shanna February 17th, 2020

Based on feedback I've received there has been some interest in having more discussions and activities in our sub-community so I'd like to implement Weekly Forum Discussions beginning this week!

Guidelines:

* The topic for the week will be posted in this thread on Monday mornings

* The discussion will begin Tuesdays in a separate thread specific to the topic

* To request a topic for future discussions, please PM me

* When the topic is announced, you can PM me any questions related to the topic, thoughts or comments you have, or things you would like covered in the discussion. I will compile these contributions as well as my own thoughts and resources into the discussion thread. Discussions are meant to be most active on Tuesdays, but will stay up indefinitely so you can revisit them

* If you would like to be notified when the new discussion topic for the week is added, please subscribe to our taglist

* To keep the discussion threads organized, please reply directly under the question or comment you'd like to weigh in on

* To keep discussions safe and minimally triggering for all members of our community, please refrain from any direct mention of calorie counts, weights, or graphic depictions of behavior use

PLEASE DO NOT POST IN THIS THREAD

Shanna OP February 17th, 2020

Discussion Friday 2/21/20: Harm Reduction

* Please join us this Friday at 5pm EST for a discussion on Harm Reduction

* Do you have questions about harm reduction? Are you wondering what harm reduction is, or when it is appropriate in the management of eating disorders? Do you have harm reduction techniques that work for you? Are there behaviors you would like help with reducing? PM me any thoughts and questions you have to contribute to the discussion!

* The discussion thread will open Friday at 5pm EST--please PM me to request tag reminders, and I look forward to chatting with you all!

Please do not post in this thread

Link to discussion: https://www.7cups.com/forum/EatingDisorderSupport_54/ForumDiscussions_1336/EDCommunityForumDiscussionHarmReduction22120_217743/

Shanna OP February 28th, 2020

Discussion Friday 2/28/20: NEDA Week (National Eating Disorders Awareness Week)

* Please join us this Friday at 5pm EST for a discussion on NEDA Week and eating disorder awareness

* Do you have questions about NEDA? Are you wondering how to spread awareness and get involved? Do you find this week overwhelming or triggering? Have you participated in any awareness activities this week? Do you have questions about eating disorders, myth busting, supporting a loved one, seeking treatment, how treatment works? PM me any thoughts and questions you have to contribute to the discussion!

* The discussion thread will open Friday at 5pm EST--please join the taglist to request a reminder notification, and I look forward to chatting with you all!

@azuladragon34 @parisayano @PotatoSoup @Shanna @Tazzie

Link to discussion: https://www.7cups.com/forum/EatingDisordersSupportCommunity_54/ForumDiscussions_1336/EDCommunityForumDiscussionEatingDisordersAwarenessWeek22820_218094/

Shanna OP March 6th, 2020

Discussion Friday 3/6/20: Giving and Receiving Support During Eating Disorder Recovery

* Please join us this Friday at 5pm EST for a discussion on ways to give and receive support during eating disorder recovery

* Do you have questions about asking for support? Are you unsure how to support a loved one struggling with an eating disorder? Do you have examples of ways you do and do not like to receive support? PM me any thoughts and questions you have to contribute to the discussion!

* The discussion thread will open Friday at 5pm EST--please join the taglist to request a reminder notification, and I look forward to chatting with you all!

@azuladragon34 @Blessedboy @charmingSky1384 @FunkyFlamingo @parisayano @PotatoSoup @Shanna @SharpiePen @Tazzie

Link to discussion: https://www.7cups.com/forum/EatingDisordersSupportCommunity_54/ForumDiscussions_1336/EDCommunityForumDiscussionGivingandReceivingSupport3620_218492/

Shanna OP March 14th, 2020

Discussion Saturday 3/14/20: COVID-19 and Eating Disorder Recovery

* Please join us this Saturday at 9am for a discussion on the Coronavirus outbreak and eating disorder recovery

* The discussion thread will open Saturday at 9am EST--please join the taglist to request a reminder notification, and I look forward to chatting with you all!

@AddictedTealover98 @azuladragon34 @Blessedboy @charmingSky1384 @FunkyFlamingo @Goldcherry2113 @Happy900 @parisayano @PotatoSoup @resourcefulPond1641 @SammyLouise @Shanna @SharpiePen @Tazzie @turquoiseFriend2396

Link to discussion: https://www.7cups.com/forum/EatingDisordersSupportCommunity_54/ForumDiscussions_1336/EDCommunityForumDiscussionCOVID19andRecovery31420_218886/

Shanna OP March 27th, 2020

Discussion Friday 3/27/20: Motivation and Eating Disorder Recovery

* Please join us this Friday at 5pm for a discussion on motivation and eating disorder recovery

@24Help1 @AddictedTealover98 @azuladragon34 @Blessedboy @charmingSky1384 @FunkyFlamingo @Goldcherry2113 @Happy900 @parisayano @PotatoSoup @resourcefulPond1641 @SammyLouise @Shanna @SharpiePen @Tazzie @Traveller8 @turquoiseFriend2396 @youandmesohappily @cuddlyKiwi43 @Lexloveslife

Link to discussion: https://www.7cups.com/forum/EatingDisorderSupport_54/ForumDiscussions_1336/EDCommunityWeeklyForumDiscussionMotivationandEatingDisorders32720_219648/

Shanna OP August 4th, 2020

Discussion 4/5/20 - Awareness and Advocacy

Link to discussion

Discussion 5/1/20 - Hunger

Link to discussion

Shanna OP August 4th, 2020

Discussion Tuesday 8/4/20: Letting Go of the Log

* Please join us this Tuesday for a discussion on the eating disorder recovery log metaphor

* The discussion thread will open Tuesday--please join the taglist to request a reminder notification, and I look forward to chatting with you all!

@24Help1 @2ndOf7 @AddictedTealover98 @azuladragon34 @Blessedboy @blueberry712 @Catlub @charmingSky1384 @ClimbingForever1 @CriesFromSmiles123 @cuddlyKiwi43 @Elizabeth2807 @elizabethunter @FunkyFlamingo @gentleLand5245 @Goldcherry2113 @greenShip8274 @Happy900 @Hashib22 @mmklemm @MorgiePositive @Myself85 @OpheliacRose @parisayano @plantlover3 @PotatoSoup @rabbit911 @redLime9266 @resourcefulPond1641 @SammyLouise @SarcasticWoman2005 @sensitiveTree7818 @sereneoceanscene @Shanna @SharpiePen @Smallbean0404 @SrijanSinha @Tazzie @theheartproject @Traveller8 @turquoiseFriend2396 @understandingMoon3999 @verawolf @youandmesohappily

Link to discussion: