Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Breathing Exercises

UntilThen July 29th, 2017

I have always found breathing exercises to be amazingly helpful. Sadly, not everyone knows enough about them to put them into practice. Here I have made a llist of my 3 favorite breathing exercises for all of you to use. Enjoy and relax

Let's start with circular breathing. This one is simple but helps your breathing return to normal. Take a breath in through your nose and slowly let it out through your mouth. This may take a few minutes to be effective depending on the current state of your breathing but once you get into rhythm it will help you stay calm.

To reduce stress before an event or help you get to sleep, take one hand and put it on your stomach and one hand on your chest. Breathe in and out slowly, making sure your belly expands and deflates but your chest does not.

To get your mind of of something stressful, you may like 4-7-8 breathing. Here is how it works:
1) Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound.
2) Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four.
3) Hold your breath for a count of seven.
4) Exhale completely through your mouth, making a whoosh sound to a count of eight.
5) This is one breath. Now inhale again and repeat the cycle three more times for a total of four breaths.

Everyone has a different body, so if you get dizzy from these exercises or they are too difficult, don't be afraid to modify them to work for you :)

XtinaSunshine July 29th, 2017

@UntilThen thank you for this <3

Emily619 July 29th, 2017

These are super great; thank you so much for sharing heart

RinRinChan August 4th, 2017

This is really useful thank you!

Sairita August 4th, 2017

@UntilThen Breathing exercises are great ways to relax or 'meditate'! I also recommend checking out videos or recordings of guided breathing exercises like 'yoga nidra'. (Yoga nidra is entirely focused on breath work, so it's very calming and soothing.)

XtinaSunshine August 11th, 2017

@UntilThen Thank you so much!

NishantAgarwal January 18th, 2018

Hi,

Very nice and useful blog to relax our mind. Here I'm sharing some more Instant Breathing Exercises for stress relief. Follow these tips and destress yourself.

Instant Breathing Exercises To De-Stress

Stay Healthy...Stay Happyblush

manisthajain June 9th, 2018

@NishantAgarwal

Hi, Your post is awesome I am from India, I also used this exercise, this is much helpful fr reduce the stress.

UntilThen OP June 11th, 2018

@manisthajain

Thank you :)

fictionfreak09 January 19th, 2018

These are amazing.

Thank you for putting it out here and sharing it with everyone.heart

iwasntborntofade89 January 19th, 2018

@UntilThen

Thanks for sharing these!

NVTita88 January 20th, 2018

@UntilThen

Great tips, thank you

Daydreamer47 January 21st, 2018

Thank you! I do 3-2-5 sometimes, because 4-7-8 is a long one, but it gets easier with practice.