Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

9 Yoga Tips To Overcome Anxiety

MindVoyager October 28th, 2017

Regular yoga practice can help you stay calm and relaxed in daily life and can also give you the strength to face events as they come without getting restless. Yoga practice ideally includes the complete package of asanas (body postures), pranayamas (breathing techniques), meditation, and the ancient yoga philosophy, all of which has helped several anxiety patients recover and face life with new positivity and strength.

Do Yoga Asanas and relieve your stress of mind.

These yoga postures can help achieve a happy and healthy mind and body. Asanas help release tension and negativity from the system.

Dhanurasana (Bow Pose)

Matsyasana (Fish Pose)

Janu Shirsasana (One-Legged Forward Bend)

Setubandhasana (Bridge Pose)

Marjariasana (Cat Stretch)

Paschimottanasana (Two-Legged Forward Bend)

Hastapadasana (Standing Forward Bend)

Adhomukha Shwanasana (Downward Facing Dog)

Shirshasana (Headstand)

Shavasana (Corpse Pose)

Breathe right with pranayamas to relieve anxiety

Taking your attention to the breath can help free the mind of the unnecessary clutter of thoughts that breed anxiety. Try the following breathing practices:

Kapal Bhati Pranayama (Skull-Shining Breathing Technique)
Bhastrika Pranayama

Nadi Shodhan Pranayama (Alternate Nostril Breathing) – effective in releasing stress from the system (where the exhalation is longer than the inhalation)
Bhramari Pranayama (Bee Breath)

Meditate to enjoy the gift of a relaxed mind

Meditation can be an excellent technique to relax a distracted mind, give you a sense of calm and peace, and also observe with daily practice how your mind works to keep you involved in small, petty things around. It can also help you not worry too much or get anxious of the unknown future.

You might have often heard the term ‘adrenalin rush

TinyTea October 30th, 2017

This is perfect, thank you so much for posting!

MindVoyager OP November 4th, 2017

@TinyTea I hope it reaches maximum.yes

KrysAmbrosine1021 October 30th, 2017

wow thank you, definitely gonna try someof these

MindVoyager OP November 4th, 2017

@KrysAmbrosine1021 Yes, its all helpful for overcoming anxiety and it definitely helped lots.smiley

benevolentDaisy52 April 18th, 2018

Thank you for this post yes

jeet789 June 17th, 2018

Hey pal, thanks for posting such nice poses. I am having sleeping disorder and i want some yoga tips which can get me out of it. If someone has got some ideas and yoga excercises then please share here.