Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Needs Reply Communication Thread (updated)

bookworm274 February 17th, 2023

Hi team, as you hopefully know, we usually communicate via the needs reply communication thread here, but we have decided to create a new communication thread to keep updated, to keep everything in one place and to also remind everyone of expectations of the team. This also allows new members of the team to refer to this original post for the information needed.

Bi-weekly check ins are going to be posted in this thread from now on. When these are posted, please do respond as these are posted to make sure that you are okay, and that you're still active. This will also be a reminder to fill out the tracking form (click here) so that we can ensure activity from team members and to keep track of the Needs Reply teams progress! There is more information about the form here.

The monthly quota for those on the NR team is 10 responses to needs reply posts (not forum posts in general) - if you are unclear of what this means then please refer to the needs reply queue here or you can ask me. As many of you have hopefully seen, changes are being made to the offboarding process which Cheery has made a post about here - please do make sure to look at this as this is the process we will be following from now on. If you have any questions about it please do write them on the post, message @CheeryMango or myself.

It is important to make sure that members of the team respond effectively to the posts. It is important that all members of the team read this post on effective responding. If you are new to the team please do read and respond, and if you are not new to the team feel free to refresh back whenever you feel you need a refresher on effective responding or to look at it if you haven't yet - thank you!

All links in blue are clickable, if you have trouble accessing these please let me know.

Taglist: @Asher @anxietywarrior23 @bookworm274 @CosmicMiracle @jennysunrise8 @Juliak1968 @KimByeongin @LunaHere @Markzzmq @MidwesternCalmSeeker @Optimisticempath @pamharley003 @SynSavory @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @CheeryMango

Sunisshiningandsoareyou February 17th, 2023

@bookworm274

Thanks for updating!❀

juliak1968 February 17th, 2023

@bookworm274

All is well :-)

Blessings everybody!

PS; what is offboarding?

bookworm274 OP February 18th, 2023

@juliak1968

Hi, offboarding is the process of removing someone from the team. The post by Cheery that is linked above is in regards to making sure people are active on the team so if there is consistent inactivity then there is a set procedure that everyone can be aware of.

If you have any questions about that feel free to message me or @CheeryMango or you can post on the thread made by Cheery - hope that all made sense!

juliak1968 February 18th, 2023

@bookworm274

Thanks for clearing that up for me - Have a great weekend!~

Blessings, Day πŸ˜€

bookworm274 OP February 18th, 2023

@juliak1968

Glad it makes sense - if you do find you have any more questions about it feel free to let us know. Hope you have a great weekend too!

Optimisticempath February 20th, 2023

Thankyou for the update book πŸ’• just for my slow brain πŸ˜… ... we will not be using the old thread anymore? and just this one from now on?

bookworm274 OP February 21st, 2023

@Optimisticempath

Hey! Yes, this is the thread that will be used from now on - the old thread will no longer be used

Optimisticempath February 23rd, 2023

@bookworm274 thanks

bookworm274 OP March 1st, 2023

Hi all, I hope you are well ❀️ Please read all as there is important information

If you have not filled out the needs reply tracking form for the last 2 weeks of February please do so now, as this is the only way for us to know if you are still active, doing alright and to receive feedback! If you do not have access to the form, please click here to access!

A reminder that @CheeryMango has made a new post regarding the NR teams new offboarding policy, please do make sure to read it. You can access it here and it is also linked in this communication thread.

1) How are you in your real life and on 7 cups?

2) Do you have any questions or anything you would like to share?

Taglist: @Asher @anxietywarrior23 @bookworm274 @CosmicMiracle @jennysunrise8 @Juliak1968 @KimByeongin @LunaHere @Markzzmq @MidwesternCalmSeeker @Optimisticempath @pamharley003 @SynSavory @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @CheeryMango

jennysunrise8 March 1st, 2023

@bookworm274 doing great today its almost 70 here just outside enjoying it plan to go through and pick up some nr today and i hope everyone just has a great day i was thinking it might be better to do the check ins/reminders one day before the beginning of the next month instead of the first day when the tally goes back to 0 so we can check and send it in for forgetful people like me :')

bookworm274 OP March 9th, 2023

Hi @Bunny1637 here is the Needs Reply Communication Thread, welcome to our team!

I am the leader of the NR team, I post bi-weekly check ins to make sure that everything is okay and for you to give me feedback - I also remind you in these check ins to fill out this form bi-weekly to let me know how many posts you respond to so we know you are still active, that you're okay and so we can allocate your cheers! Don't worry about remembering when you have to fill out the form because we will remind you in our check-ins which you will be tagged in!

Please also take a look at the post here regarding effective replying - it is important that every member on the team look at this and comment that it has been read and understood.

You can find the Needs Reply queue here - click me!

Let me know if you have any questions ❀️

Bunny1637 March 9th, 2023

@bookworm274

thank you! I’m so happy to join ❀️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 9th, 2023

@Bunny1637

So glad to have you with us! Good wishes for the new role!❀

bookworm274 OP March 15th, 2023

Hi all, I hope you are well ❀️ Please read all as there is important information

If you have not filled out the needs reply tracking form for the first 2 weeks of March please do so now, as this is the only way for us to know if you are still active, doing alright and to receive feedback! If you do not have access to the form, please click here to access!

As many of you may know @CheeryMango made a post regarding the offboarding policy - this has been updated to reflect some changes so please make sure to take a look at this and to let us know if you have any questions - you can find the post here!

Taglist: @Asher @anxietywarrior23 @bookworm274 @Bunny1637 @CosmicMiracle @jennysunrise8 @Juliak1968 @KimByeongin @LunaHere @Markzzmq @MidwesternCalmSeeker @Optimisticempath @pamharley003 @SynSavory @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @CheeryMango

jennysunrise8 March 15th, 2023

@bookworm274 everything is good with me here and offline and i dont really have any questions or anything i just sent in the form hope everyone has a great day today!

@jennysunrise8

Glad to hear that everything is good! Thanks for sending in the form ❀️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 15th, 2023

@bookworm274

Thanks for the check in and reminder, Book! ❀

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thanks for checking in Sun!

Asher March 16th, 2023

@bookworm274

Real life is tiring but making it through. I don't have any questions.

bookworm274 OP March 16th, 2023

@Asher

Hey, I'm so sorry to hear life is tiring right now - I hope you get the rest you deserve soon!

Optimisticempath March 18th, 2023

@bookworm274 thankyou πŸ’• hope you doing ok also

juliak1968 March 16th, 2023

@bookworm274

Hello everybody! I hope you are all doing well :-)

I've read all of the off boarding rules and something concerns me: The way I respond to brand new posts is actually a step ahead of the needs reply thread because what I do is go to Popular in Community and each post is posted there in the order it was posted, so that when I respond to the newest of posts they never end up going into the Needs reply thread. I've been doing this this way from the beginning back when we first discussed creating a Needs Reply team. Nobody has said anything to my concern but I wanted to be proactive. I've been active on 7cups daily since the start, it has helped me as my other therapy and meds and art classes online (everything is online now for me) I've gotten used to my little routine and when I am drawing a blank I start counting on the COUNT TO ONE MILLION thread lol I hope you are all doing great tonight.

Blessings, Day ❀️

AffyAvo March 16th, 2023

@juliak1968 Absolutely nothing wrong with doing that but just a heads up, threads without any replies yet will not show there. I tend to look at threads both based on popular (most recent post) and newest (most recent thread).

@AffyAvo

Thank you very much!~ Have a wonderful day

Blessings, Day

bookworm274 OP March 16th, 2023

@juliak1968

Hey, that is completely fine! As they are posts that have not yet received a response they still count towards your quota (but I will double check with @CheeryMango if this will still be the case when the tracker is specified for NR).

The reason we wanted to make clear that the posts need to be needs reply is because sometimes there is confusion and people think that responding to posts that only have one reply or something similar still counts towards the needs reply quota which it does not.

If you have any more concerns about it please let me know and I'll be happy to help to the best of my ability! Thanks for all of your work on the team, it is super appreciated ❀️

@bookworm274
Thanks so much, We all appreciate all your doing!!

bookworm274 OP March 18th, 2023

@juliak1968

Hey, hope you are doing well! Just wanted to post a little update on this as @AffyAvo has provided me with some more information on the Popular section.

It is important to make sure that threads that are being responded to are 100% Needs Reply posts - this means that the original post of the thread has not received a response at all. If there is any responses/replies below then it does not count as a needs reply thread.

Therefore, if you are responding to the original posts that have no responses then that is fine and counts as Needs Reply, if you are responding to another response or something that is on a thread then that is not a Needs Reply and would not count towards the quota for the NR Team.

I hope that this makes sense and provides more information about what counts as a Needs Reply Post - soon I might do a separate post on what counts towards the quota and how to know if it is Needs Reply or not as that may be helpful.

Please do let me know if that helps at all or if there are any further questions in regards to it - thanks for all of your work on the team ❀️

AffyAvo March 18th, 2023

@bookworm274 @juliak1968

The popular list only has threads that have a reply. This list is ordered by the newest reply (and will not count the original posts). Responding to some non-original posts in threads are beneficial and desired, as people do not always start their own thread when seeking support or asking a question, but this isn't the main focus of the needs reply team, and doesn't get counted towards the quota.

I explain how the sorting works here, popular has changed from how it used to be a while ago.

juliak1968 March 19th, 2023

@bookworm274

Thank you very much!~ Have a wonderful day

Blessings, Day

@bookworm274

PS: another thing I do always is click the heart on every post in the Community under Popular, If we all took an extra few seconds we could really make people feel ultra supported :-)

.........................click the heart on every post!!

Blessings, Day

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 20th, 2023

@juliak1968 Sooo truee, Day, upvoting/ hearting posts is the easiest way to practice kindness and make someone feel heard and supported in 7 cups. Thankyou for highlighting its significance!❀

I love this post by @Roadie: https://www.7cups.com/forum/7CupsLeadership_188/SubcommunitiesInformation_2314/Thevalueofforumupvotes_24368/ emphasizing the same so beautifully!❀

juliak1968 March 21st, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

That was a nice post and it was written in 2015 :-)

bookworm274 OP March 31st, 2023

If you have not filled out the needs reply tracking form for the last 2 weeks of March please do so now, as this is the only way for us to know if you are still active, doing alright and to receive feedback! If you do not have access to the form, please click here to access!

Taglist: @Asher @anxietywarrior23 @bookworm274 @Bunny1637 @jennysunrise8 @Juliak1968 @KimByeongin @LunaHere @Markzzmq @MidwesternCalmSeeker @Optimisticempath @pamharley003 @SynSavory @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @CheeryMango

Asher April 1st, 2023

@bookworm274

1: Just a bit burnt out from work from getting stuck working OT randomly.
2: Got no questions.

bookworm274 OP April 2nd, 2023

@Asher

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling burnt out from work - I hope that next week is calmer for you and that you're able to have some relaxation! Thank you for checking in ❀️

jennysunrise8 April 2nd, 2023

@bookworm274 doing good in real life and here glad its starting to warm up so i can get online outside now hope everyone is doing good and enjoying the first few weeks of spring and happy easter next sunday 🐀

bookworm274 OP April 13th, 2023

@jennysunrise8

Glad to hear you are doing well and that it is warming up! It's been raining non-stop where I live! Thank you for your work on the team <3

Optimisticempath April 10th, 2023

@bookworm274 submitted thankyou πŸ’•

bookworm274 OP April 13th, 2023

@Optimisticempath

Thank you for submitting!

juliak1968 April 13th, 2023

@Asher @anxietywarrior23 @bookworm274 @CosmicMiracle @jennysunrise8 @Juliak1968 @KimByeongin @LunaHere @Markzzmq @MidwesternCalmSeeker @Optimisticempath @pamharley003 @SynSavory @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @CheeryMango

Hello everybody, I wanted to let you know I am taking a month or so off to work on an art project as I have two online art therapies that both include homework, I am having fun and fulfilling a few art requests recently. Not to say I won't be responding to an occasional needs reply, and doing some counting on "Count to One Million". Here are this months drawings.

Blessings, Day

20230409-093440_1681389419.jpgfluttterby_1681389587.jpg

rainboww_1681389722.jpg

20230412-113251_1681389750.jpg

(my first Bob Ross happy mistakes landscape)